Their children was occupied in the other living room eating dinner while watching cartoon. Magnus held Alec's thigh once in a while under the table and when he did that Alec felt tingles all over him. He grasped Magnus' hand with his and smiled at each other. They all continued eating and chatting about everything.

They were engaged in a conversation when suddenly Alec gasped holding his stomach. 

"Uhhh, Magnus." 

He clenched Magnus' thigh when the pain starts again. "Alexander, what's wrong?" He placed his hand on  Alec's tummy and felt it hardened. He looked up at Alec's face and saw he's closed his eyes tight wincing in pain. He breathe in and out few times and everyone was already at their feet worrying. "We should go to the hospital, Alec is having a contraction." Magnus stood up and grabbed his keys from the living room.

When he came back, Alec was crying rubbing his tummy. He had his hand on his face hiding the tears while his other hand on his stomach. Maryse was stroking his back calming him down. Magnus kneeled beside him and cupped his cheek. "Don't think so much, everything is gonna be alright babe." Alec nodded before he stood up helped by Magnus. As they were about to leave Alec was greeted by Max and Sophie. "Papa? What's wrong?" Max has his worried eyes and Sophie started to cry. "I'm fine sweetheart, be a good kid and listen to nana okay." Alec stroked Sophie's cheek and left. He couldn't show he was in pain cause he knew Sophie will want to come along.

He walked out from the house heading to their car. They all wanted to come to the hospital but stopped by Magnus. "I need to be alone with Alec, please. We will update you guys if anything." They all nodded and Izzy carried Sophie in her arm. Max ran towards them but was caught by Jace. "Daddy, Papa! I want to come with you." He cried wrangling in Jace's arm trying to escape. Magnus turned and felt horrible seeing his son crying to escape from Jace's grip, so he walked to him and carried Max into his arm. "Bring him to me." He heard Alec's voice from the car. He had his car door opened and hold his hand out. He walked to the car and Max hugged Alec in his embraced. "Max I need to make sure the baby is okay. I need you to stay inside and pray for him okay. You need to be strong for Sophie. She can't see you cry cause she will cry too." Alec stroked his cheek while he sat on Alec's lap. Max turned his gaze to Sophie and back to his parents. He nodded weakly, Magnus carried him back and gave to Jace. He ran to the car and drove away from the house.

"Magnus. It hurts. Its too early." Alec clenching his belly and bend down holding his pain. Magnus was worried as hell and he sure didn't want Alec to see him panicking. "Alexander is gonna be okay. I called Dr Ranver to come to the hospital okay." He rubbed Alec's back to calm him but he could see Alec is in pain. He gripped the steering wheel tighter and drove as fast as he could.

It has been three hours when they have Alec. He was fidgeting in his seat, he paced around the hallway of emergency room, gripping his hair. He's a mess. No one came out to talk to him yet. He was a nervous wrecked but when they called Alec's name he stood up and went to the person who wears a scrub suit.

"I'm his husband." He stood before him and shook his hand. "Come with me please, he's awake and he want to see you." They were walking side by side heading to Alec's room. "How is he? Is he okay? Hows the baby?" Magnus questioned the person since he didn't introduced himself. "I'm just the nurse sir, I will let the doctor attend to you in a minute. But to ease you up a bit, he's fine now. He's resting." Magnus felt relieved to hear Alec was alright but he still feel scared if anything to happen to any of them. 

Magnus burst into the room and saw Alec lying one the bed. He is strapped to a machine, a fluid connected to his arm and beeping sound the only thing that could be heard. Alec turned his head to Magnus and sudden burst to tears. Magnus ran towards him and hugged each other. "What's wrong? Are you okay? Does it still hurt?" Magnus roamed his hand towards Alec's tummy. They placed two piece of a strapped on Alec's belly to monitor the baby's heartbeats.

They were holding hands when Dr Ranver walked in. Alec was propped up on the bed with Magnus by his side. Their heads both turned to Dr Ranver but their hands still locked in each other. "Alec, how were you feeling?" Alec nodded but his face is concerned. "What happened?" Magnus asked. She sighed before grabbing a chair to sit beside Alec. "Alec, I told you before omega's body is fragile and it doesn't help if you're stressing out." Alec turn his gaze down to his belly feeling guilt all over him.

"Its not his fault. After all what happened, its my fault." Magnus turned his gaze down to his hand and felt his eyes getting blurred by the tears. "I'm not saying its anyone fault. I know what you guys have been through and believe me, I can't put myself in your shoes. But I'm amazed on how the baby survived after everything."

"Is everything okay with the baby? Why I had pain like contraction?" Alec asked worriedly. "Everything is fine now, the pain you felt was falls contractions. The fluids that run through your veins right now is filled with medication to stop the contraction, you should be fine. It happens sometimes when over thinking and stress. Take it easy and bed rest. I will discharged you tomorrow if there's no more contraction okay? But you have to come back if you feel another contraction." Alec nodded and so does Magnus.

After Dr Ranver left the room, Magnus still hasn't look up to face Alec. His guilt eating him up and he felt twist knot in his stomach. But then suddenly he felt Alec's hand on his hair stroking it from his earlobe to the back. He looked up and saw Alec with a soft smile on his face. "Your hair is longer now, I miss cutting it for you." Alec said. Magnus grabbed Alec's hand and placed a soft kiss. "I'll get it cut soon." He swift his hand on his hair stroking it. Then he leans his head on Alec's belly, he kissed it before he placed his cheek on it. "I'm sorry, I should have took better care of you both."

Magnus tears flowed and Alec rose from his position. He pulled Magnus to his and he hugged Alec side lying to each other. Magnus rested his face on Alec's chest and his hand on Alec's belly. "Its not your fault Mags, please stop blaming yourself. It hurts me to see you like this. Things happened and we always find our way back to each other. I promised." Magnus nodded in Alec's neck.  Alec stroke Magnus' arm and he felt how Magnus breathing calming down. Soon, he felt Magnus fell asleep in his arm. He kissed him on his forehead and fell asleep with his husband.

I'm sorry this take so long, I took nearly 2 days just to wrote this. My brain is not working at the moment cause I'm exhausted. I tried to write better, sorry for the boring chapter.