Chapter 15

The next day the Lightwood-Bane family enjoys their time being together since Magnus was still recovering and nothing makes them happier to be at home with the twins. But to Magnus' heart, Max is still cold and distant even though Alec told him to give Max time to open up. Later that night, Alec was bathing Sophia in the bathroom and Magnus was in their bedroom with Max on their bed. Max was playing games in the iPad while Magnus was watching the TV.

His eyes couldn't focus on the news but kept staring at his 4 years old son sitting by his legs with iPad in his lap. Magnus sat up and rubbed Max's back, "hey buddy, can we talk?" Max didn't glance or even react to Magnus but rather kept himself quiet. Magnus sighed and tried again to get his attention, so he grabbed the iPad away from him and placed it on their nightstand. "Max, please. Talk to daddy. What's wrong?"

Max didn't look up when Magnus had his body turned facing him. He just played around the bedsheets with his small little finger. "Max. Look at daddy please." Magnus raised his son's chin up with his finger and their eyes met. He saw Max's eyes glazed with tears that was about to fall any seconds. "I hate you daddy."

No parents want to hear their children say those words and not especially in the earliest years of their lives. It makes you think what could possibly go wrong in their lives that you have fucked up being as a parent.

"Max, w-why did you? W-what did daddy do?" Great he thinks. Not only he fucked up as a parent but now he's stuttered to say a word and he doesn't want to say anything to make things even worst.

"You make papa cry a lot. He's crying when he's in bed, in the kitchen, in the toilet. I hate you. Every night when you're not home, papa cried in bed until he sleep."

Magnus sighed and he saw Max was getting up trying to leave the room but he grabbed him and sat him down on his lap and cupped Max's face in his palm. "Max listen to me. I would never hurt papa. I rather die than to hurt him but adults sometimes do stupid things that hurt each other. Sometimes we fought but then we make up okay?"

Max glistening eyes holds everything in Magnus heart. "Uncle Max said someone's gonna hurt papa but I'm not supposed to tell him cause he's gonna get worried and its not good for baby." Magnus pulled him for a hug and rubbed his back softly. "oh, Max, I'm not gonna let anything happen to your papa okay. I promise."

Max nodded softly on his shoulder and they both stayed like that for a while till Magnus realized he actually fell asleep in Magnus' embrace. Magnus lifted him off the bed and carried him to the bedroom. There he saw Alec kneeling with Sophie fighting him off cause she refused to put on the pajamas. Alec immediately looked up at him as he entered the room carrying sleepy Max in his arm. He smiled at Magnus but to his disappointment he didn't reply.

"Sophie come on, stop fighting, I'm tired already." Alec tried to put on the shirt on her but she pulls his hand away. "No! I want daddy do it." Sophie rebels and looked at Magnus. He placed Max on the bed and tucked him under the blanket. He rolled to the side and continued sleeping with soft little snores came out from his mouth.

Magnus went to Sophie and kneeled beside Alec. He grabbed the pajamas from Alec's hand and put on Sophie's body. Alec stares at him with fear in his eyes, worrying he might have done something to anger Magnus. "Everything okay?" Alec asked and Magnus nodded without a word.

Magnus lifted Sophie off from the floor and tucked her on her bed, entertaining her before she fells asleep. He placed all the dolls besides her and tell her that they are her guardian angel.

He glanced over his shoulder and saw Alec kneeling on all fours clenching his stomach. He rushed over to him and rubbed his shoulder, "Alexander, hey, what's wrong?" Alec breathe in and out few times and nodded before he stood up. "Yeah, just some mild cramps. Nothing to worry about." He rubbed his lower belly softly and walked out the rooms followed by Magnus closing the door slightly behind him.

Alec entered their bedroom and Magnus followed after closing the door but not locking it cause they will need to attend the twins if they had nightmares. Alec went to their drawer and grabbed himself a shirt. He removed his wet attire while Magnus stood and stare. "What happened to you?" Magnus asked as he sat at the edge of the bed eyeing his husband. "What do you think? Your daughter decide to have a mortal war with me in the bathroom. I shouldn't have let her bring the squirt gun in. I think she have more testosterone in this house." Magnus snickered and burst out in a laugh hearing Alec's word on their male hormones.

"Speaking of which, I think our son is gifted." Alec glanced quickly behind him and stares at Magnus. He was only in his brief after he removed his wet clothes and wipe himself with a towel. "What do you mean?" He grabbed the shirt and put it on his head taking steps forward to his husband. He stood in front of Magnus with only a shirt and brief. Magnus leaned his face forward towards Alec's tummy and wrapped his arm around his waist planting a soft kisses on Alec's small bump.

Magnus pulls Alec's hem of his shirt up and removed them leaving him only in his brief. He sighed since he just put them on but only to be removed by his husband again. Later Magnus rested his forehead on Alec's tummy looking down at his small bump while Alec's finger caressing Magnus' soft hair. Magnus rubbed Alec's tummy softly before planted soft kisses again and looked up getting each other's eyes.

As Magnus looked up, Alec saw his eyes filled with tears and it fell on each of his temple. Alec let his palm cupping both of Magnus' cheek and his fingers wiped the tears away. "I'm a bad husband aren't I?" Magnus spoke and Alec sighed.

"Baby, you're not a bad husband and I am grateful to have you as my husband." Alec looked down and stares at his tearing brown eyes.

"Max said you have been crying a lot lately and he hate me for it. I'm so sorry Alexander. I know you were crying about me, about us. If only I could changed back the time I won't ever want to be involve with Camille."

"Mags, I wouldn't give the world to changed back the time but you can't blame yourself for it. Lets just hope the cops would get her soon. He caught me at my weakest moment. Now tell me again what do you mean Max is gifted?" Magnus smiled at Alec which only returned a frowned on his face.

"He said he talked to Max again. Max said you might get hurt again. Alexander, I would never forgive myself if anything would happened to you or the twins because of my past." Alec stroke Magnus' cheeks and pulled him to a hug. He wrapped Alec's waist and snuggled his face on his tummy. Alec rested his chin on Magnus' head as his arm wrapped around Magnus shoulder. "Baby nothing is gonna happened as long as we're together."

Magnus pulled Alec to his lap and let him straddled his body. Alec leaned down to kiss Magnus on his lips. It might started as soft but it turned out to a passionate kiss after. With Alec only on his briefs its so much easier for Magnus to get him naked. They both panted and sweats covered up their body as their amorous activity worn them out. It has been a while since the incident for them both to be intimate with each other. Alec rested his head on Magnus' chest and they both fell asleep as soon after they both dressed each other. 

Few more chapters you guys then its over. I'm sorry, I will shut my account soon but I'm still thinking about it. Thank you for reading and all of your supports.