Chapter 14

After a while Max sobbed in tears, he finally let go of his arm that wrapped tightly around Alec's neck. He sobbed and wiped his face by the back of his palm and Alec helped wiping his tears using a hanky he found by their dresser. He never saw Max sobbed and cried like this, not even when he and Magnus fought, he always the strong one. He cradle his only son on his lap hushing him a lullaby to calm him down.

"Max, sweetie, tell me what's wrong. Are you feeling better? Does your tummy hurts?" Max looked up at Alec with his puffy eyes and he sniffed. He shook his head indicating his stomach is definitely in well condition. "Papa." He called Alec softly and Alec waited patiently for him to open up to him. "Yes darling." He looked down and stared at his innocent eyes.

"I don't want you to get hurt like daddy." Alec looked down at Max and frowned upon his words. "Max, I'm not going to get hurt, daddy got hurt by accident okay. You have nothing to worry about." He shook his head and sit up on Alec's lap again.

"That's not what nana said, she said there's someone hurt you when we still inside your tummy. She said you got hurt so many times since you are young but you are still strong. She said I got your strong side. I don't want you to get hurt again papa." He sobbed again and hide his face in Alec's neck. To his surprise his mother would tell his son about the journey through out his pregnancy was definitely hell but yet he got his happiness.

"Max, you have to listen to me, adults do stupid things and sometime those thing got ourselves hurt. When I was pregnant with you, there's nothing can make me happier other than your daddy. We fought a lot but we make up and when you both we're in my arms, all the pain I got was gone. It was worth it, you both are my glow and when I saw you both, you light up my life and I know I'm not going to let anything happened to both of you. I love you and Sophie so much."

He leaned in and kissed Max on forehead, "You love us more than you love daddy?"

Alec laughed at him and Max joined, "Don't tell daddy that, he's gonna be furious to hear that."

"Its going to be our little secrets." He put up his small little finger to Alec and Alec grabbed it with his, they made a silly pinky pact. "Promise. But promise me Max you will tell me everything in your head."

He nodded, "Promise papa."

Alec visited Magnus everyday at the hospitals and spend their time together talking and watching Magnus sort out his court case with Camille. If Camille to be found, she will be charged for an attempted murder and she could go to jail. But to Alec's heart, he want to put that bitch seven feet underground beneath his feet so she couldn't hurt his small family.

After spent a week in hospital, Magnus was released for home and he couldn't be happier. Alec wanted to drive him home but Jace insisted he drove. Alec was now 4 months pregnant and Jace can see how tired Alec get going back and forth the hospital and handling the twins. Luckily for him he stayed at the Lightwood home and he's workload reduce by the help of their parents. Izzy was there on and off and so was Clary.

As Alec and Magnus reached home, Alec opened the door greeted by the munchkins who literally jumped to both their parents. Alec caught Max while Sophie grabbed Magnus' neck. He crouched down only to put her back on the floor since the wound is still hurting him. "I miss you guys so much, it seems like you grew overnight. I thought I told you guys to stay young forever." He tickles Sophie and she crooked her neck ticklish. "Daddy, we're not in Neverland." Magnus leaned in and kissed Max on his cheek only to be greeted by a cold stares. He glanced at Alec and he shook his head to tell him later when they are alone. He put Max down on the floor and they all walked into the kitchen where all of the family members waited there.