Chapter 24

Alec was packing his clothes and put some of the necessaries inside. He pulled a drawer and found Max's photo. He sat down by the bed rubbing his swollen belly. His face from cheer turned to a frown and sadness glooming in his heart. He doesn't realized when Magnus was actually behind him staring at his mate.

"Everything okay?" Alec was startled by the gesture, he turned his head behind and smiled at Magnus. He nodded before he took the photo and put it in his bag. Magnus sat on the bed staring at Alec who's busy stuffing all of their stuffs. He thought he could fool him and pretended everything is fine but Magnus can see it in his expression. So, he pulled Alec's wrist and made him sat on his lap.

"Magnus, the twins is downstairs." Alec pulled himself up but only to be held by Magnus tighter around his waist. "Not till you tell me what is bothering that pretty little head of yours." Alec looked down and gripping Magnus button up shirt. He couldn't form a word cause he himself couldn't understand what is this feeling. Magnus lifted Alec's cheek with his finger to turn his gaze on him. "Hey, talk to me. Is something upsetting you?"

Alec leans his head on Magnus shoulder, hiding his face in the crook of his neck. Magnus hugged him tighter, rubbing his arm softly while holding his waist on the other. "This is our home, it supposed to give us comfort and peace but my heart is not in here." Magnus sighed and he kissed Alec's forehead softly. "I know babe, but that doesn't mean we can't find a new home. We still got time. You're still not due till another 3 months." Alec raised his head and felt Magnus' hand rubbing his tummy. The feeling is warm and calming, and then they felt the baby flutters under Magnus' warm touch. They both smiled at the feeling.

"You always know how to calm me. I love you Magnus." Magnus smiled before he leans and kiss Alec on his pink lips. "I love you too Alexander."

They arrived at the Lightwood home around four in the evening. The twins was so excited to stay at their grandparents house and literally ran as soon as Magnus got them out from their car seat. Jace and Simon was helping Magnus with their bags while Izzy and Clary pulled Alec inside to rest.

They were sitting on the couch after they have settle the bags into their room. Maryse gave Alec some cold water to drink and Magnus has a beer in his hand handed by Jace earlier. "How are you feeling sweetie?" Maryse asked Alec and he nodded with a smile. "I'm fine mum." Robert and Maryse was sitting next to each other while Magnus sat on the arm of the chair next to Alec. Clary and Izzy beside Alec while Jace and Simon sat on the other couch next by his parents. The twins are in their playroom with Stephen and Anna.

"Magnus if you want I have a friend that works as a real-estate. He can help you look for a house." Robert spoke and Magnus smiled. "Thanks, that would actually help." He turned to Alec and he leans his head on Magnus' thigh. "Dad, they just got here and you already trying to get rid of them?" Izzy spoke but was hit by Clary on her arm. Magnus and Alec laughed at her since after all these years they have managed to put everything behind them and start fresh, especially with Robert. "That's not what I meant Izz. Alec told me he wanted my help to look for houses." Alec nodded and raised his eyebrow at Izzy giving her a questioning look. She mouthed sorry to Alec and Magnus but only to be laughed at everyone else.

Maryse cooked dinner with Clary and Alec at the kitchen. Magnus was distracted with his work at the living room. Jace and Simon was watching over the kids while Robert in his office. When the dinner is ready they were all called to the table. The Lightwoods sat down next to each others mate. Magnus pulled Alec's chair for him to seat and was amazed by Clary and Izzy. "Why can't you both be as gentleman as Magnus? I'm jealous." Izzy frowned and crossed her arm to her chest like a kid. Magnus smirked and kissed Alec on his temple before took his seat. "There's enough toddler in this house Izz, don't have to be one." Jace sighed and was smacked by Clary. The dinner went on with Jace and Izzy bickering with each other and Alec and Magnus laughing at their behavior.