Chapter 5

A month past. Alec is closed to 3 months for his pregnancy. Magnus tried to help around at the house but his work caught up to him. Luckily for him, Alec understands his job and never complaints but he felt guilty for leaving Alec stayed for him if he get home late at night. He told Alec so many times not to stayed up for him but they end up arguing. He knows how emotional Alec got since he got pregnant but he cant helped from being a jerk sometimes. He went home from work one night and soon as he entered his home the twins ran up to him. He was exhausted as hell but seeing the twins excited to see him home made him forget all the stress he had at work. "Daddy!" Both twins hugged his legs and he kissed them both. "Why aren't you guys in bed yet? Its late." It was late and its almost 11pm, he wonders why Alec didn't put them down. "Where's papa?" He looked around the house but didn't see Alec. "Papa in bed all day, he's sick. Aunty Izzy told us to stay quiet." Magnus looked at the twins before he stood up. Alec is sick, he got worried hearing that but glad Izzy keep him company but why he didn't call him. "guys go upstairs now and get ready for bed, I'm coming later to check on you okay. Let me see papa first." They both groaned but Magnus gave a look caused them to rushed to their bedroom in a split second. Magnus hanged his coat in the closet before headed upstairs. He opened his bedroom door and saw Alec lying on bed with his back facing the door. Magnus walked up and sat beside Alec causing the bed to moves and Alec stirred from his sleep. "Izzy, I told you go home, Magnus will be home soon. Don't worry." Alec still didn't opened his eyes and he didn't know that Magnus was beside him. He sniffed and hugged his body. His face is pale and his forehead is wet with sweats. Magnus ran his finger through his hair and pushed it back from his forehead. Then Alec coughed out and Magnus heard how his throat crackled. He clenched his stomach from his cough. He sat up and grabbed his stomach wincing in pain only to realized his husband was there next to him all the time. "Mags." His voice croaked and Magnus rubbed his cheek with his finger. "Why didn't you call me? If I knew you got sick I would come home soon." Alec lay back in bed resting his head on his arm folded under his head. He sniffed again and Magnus stroked his arm up and down. "Have you eaten already? Where's the twins?" Alec asked, even though he didn't ate the whole day but he's concerned more on Magnus well being. Magnus smiled when Alec always put other's before him. "They made a mess in the living room, I scared them so they could go to sleep. Speaking of which I need to go and check on them. I'll be back soon and I'm all yours till the weekend okay babe?" Magnus leaned and kiss Alec on his forehead and he felt how his skin is warm when his lips touched. Alec only able to nod and let Magnus handle the twins.

Magnus entered the twins room and saw them jumping on bed with no clothes on. He gasped and felt like want to spank them both on the bum but he control himself. "Guys I told you to dress for bed! Why didn't you listen?" They stopped jumping and come down. Magnus opened the drawer and got their pajamas out. They both went to him and Magnus applied the PJs on them. Max want to put on himself because he felt his older. Sophie on the other hand still running around the room letting Magnus catches her. "Soph come on, daddy tired to play." Sophie pouted in disappointment and went to him letting him put on their clothes. He helped Max to put on the pants cause it was backwards. Then he lift them up the bed and get them under the blankets. "Guys, behave okay. Papa is not well. He need to rest. He can't do it if you guys are noisy." Max looked at Sophie and they know how loud they can get. They nodded and Magnus kiss Max on the forehead before turning to Sophia. "Daddy." Sophie asked him cutely making him smile. "Yes sweet pea." Magnus pushed her bangs out of her eyes. "Can you take us to see fish?" Magnus crooked his eyebrow upon her weird request. "You mean you want to go the aquaria to see fish?" Sophie nodded and giggled. "We'll ask papa if he is well enough okay?" She pouted but then smile cause she knows Magnus will gave her what she wanted. He kissed her on the forehead and went to the door. He stands before the door and looked at them, holding the switch for the night lamp on his finger, "On or off?" They both said on at the same time and Magnus held the door opener, "open or close?" They both answered open and Magnus leave it opened so the light from the hallway could shine upon the door. Its easy for the twins to go to the bathroom at night if the hallways light were on and the door is open. Then he went back to his room.