Chapter 13

Alec didn't realized when he got home and fell asleep as soon as he hit the bed. He woke up in shock when its almost dark outside. He woke up to a clinging sound in the kitchen and he feared it might be the twin and God knows what could happened after he fell asleep. As soon as he rushed the kitchen his fear disappeared. He saw Maryse was cooking and his twins was at the living room watching cartoon. "Mum." He called as he was leaning against the wall of the kitchen grasping his chest releasing his breaths. Maryse turned to see Alec pale as if he saw a ghost and immediately went to grab him. "Alec, is everything okay? Come sit here." She pulled Alec to the island and sat him down. She grabbed a glass of water and gave to him. She watched as her eldest son gulped it down in one sip like he haven't drink in days.

Alec put down the glass on the table and he leaned putting his head in his crossed arm lay out on the table. Maryse stroke his back softly as he breathe in and out. "I fell asleep not knowing my kids are taken care of. I'm a lousy parent. Something could have happened to them and I won't know it." She could hear Alec's voice changed and he's at the verge of crying his eyes out.

He sit up and she saw his eyes are red and tears start to fill in. "Alec what's wrong? You weren't yourself when you got home. That's why I stayed till I'm sure you okay. Is anything you want to tell me?" She stroke Alec's cheek and he sighed.

"The whole thing with Camille really got me thinking. If she can do that to Magnus that means she can do anything to me or worst the twins. Until she was captured my heart will not be at ease. I rather she hurt me than to hurt Magnus or the kids. I can't imagine my life without them mum. Oh god mum, what if she tried to kidnap the twins and killed them. I would kill myself if it happens." Alec can't stop breaking and he let his tears falls. Maryse pulled him to her chest and hugged him tight in her embrace. She stroke his back while he sobbing to her chest.

"Come live with us till Magnus is better. In that way we can keep an eye on the twin and you. For god sake Alec its not good to think like that when you carrying this baby. Don't think of anything worst, I'm sure the police will get her." Alec looked up to his mum and his tears dropped on his cheek as he blink his eyes. Maryse stroke her finger to wipe the tears. He couldn't agree more, he nodded weakly and startled when suddenly a pop sound. They both jumped before Maryse realized she was cooking before Alec came in.

"Shit, I burnt the chicken." Maryse turned the stove off and bring the steaming pot to the sink. 

"Mum, language." Alec glared at her and she raised her eyebrow at him before they both burst out in a laugh. Just then Alec saw the twin walked in the kitchen holding their own favorite toy. "Papa." Sophie called out and Max followed behind. Alec lifted Sophie to his lap and then Max climbed on the chair next to Alec. Sophie straddling Alec while leaning behind the table playing with his stub face. He admit he didn't get to shave since he came back to the hospital nor did he shower. "Papa, why are you crying?" Sophie wiped Alec's cheek with her small four fingers cause her thumb is not enough to cover Alec's face. Max leaned on Alec's arm after Alec pull their chair closer not leaving a gap. "Nothing baby girl, I yawned earlier."

"Papa, is daddy gonna be okay?" She asked while her small little finger pinching Alec's chin. Alec looked at her and smiled before glancing at Max who stared and waited for an answer. "Yes sweetie, he is gonna be okay. How about we called him and you guys can asked him yourself." He pulled out his phone and pressed the FaceTime button calling his husband.

Not even 3 ring and Magnus answer. "Alec- oh, hey sweet pea, where's papa?" He hoped to see Alec's face but was greeted by Sophie first. "Daddy! I miss you, are you okay? They won't let me see you, when are you coming home?" Sophie ambushed him with questions which he couldn't even answer.

"Sophia I'm okay, i'm just taking a rest before I came home okay, I'll be home soon. Where's Max?" Alec tilted the phone on his left and Max was hugging his arm. He waved at his dad with a sad face. "Hye daddy." Magnus frowned seeing his son being upset and thought something was wrong. "Max, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" Max looked at Alec before he answered and Alec could see he was upset. They both now on Alec's lap while talking to Magnus.

"Nothing daddy, I'm glad you're okay. Come home soon." Max said and he jumped from Alec's lap heading to his room. Sophie and Alec looked at him as he climbed the stairs, "Daddy, come back soon, Max miss you, I love you, bye." She blow him a kiss as she jumped down from Alec's lap and headed upstairs.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay at home? Are you alright?" Magnus starts to panic since he hate if his family is away from him and something happen at home. "Not sure about Max but everything is okay." He glance at Maryse and she nodded to Alec, she know Alec need privacy to talk and she went to the living room cleaning up the mess that the twin did.

Alec sighed while rubbing his forehead, "I miss you. Are you feeling any better? Are you in pain?" Magnus smile when Alec being over caring, "I'm fine baby, you look tired. Have you eaten yet?" Alec looked over the sink and laughed. "Mum burn the chicken, I think we're just gonna order in. We're starving." Alec leaned on the chair rubbing his small tummy. It's not big yet but he can feel the small bump when he stroke it.

"How's my baby? I miss kissing your tummy."

"I thought I was your baby?" He pouted and to his disappointment Magnus just laughed at him. He coughed and rubbed his chest when he felt pain for laughing too hard. "I'm sorry baby, I do miss you, feeling your warmth, I miss feeling your tummy." Alec lifted the phone showing his tummy. "Its not showing yet, I can't wait to feel it grow.?" Alec rubbed his tummy and sighed. "I hope so, I can't wait to see you both grew." Alec stared at the his phone looking at Magnus' face.

"Alec, I know something is up, would you tell me please." Magnus felt Alec is hiding something from him. "Have they got any leads on Camille yet?" Magnus sighed since he also couldn't answer that question. "They still looking for her. I'm sure they gonna caught her soon. Don't worry about it."

"Magnus how can you say that? Look at what she did to you, imagine if she could come for the twins. I can't put my mind at ease, I rather she hurt me than to touch the twins."

"Alexander, don't say that. It broke my heart if my family would get hurt and I already saw you hurt more than once, I can't take that anymore. I'm gonna make sure she's gonna get punished for what she did to our family." Alec nodded weakly agreeing to his husband. "I love you, remember that always."

"I love you too Alexander, all my heart." Magnus blows him a kiss before they ended their conversation. Alec put down his phone back to his pocket and headed upstairs.

As he entered the twin room, Max was sitting down playing with Sophie building their legos. They both looked at the door when Alec enter their room. He was greeted with smile and he sat down beside Max. "Sophie, maybe you can go to nana, she wants to order food for us. I need to talk to Max alone." She didn't argue instead she got up and went out the room looking for Maryse.

"Max, is everything okay? Wanna talk about it honey?" Max was playing with his legos ignoring Alec. He took the lego from Max's hand and pull him to his lap. "Max, please talk to me, I know something is wrong. Is it daddy? Are you worried about daddy? I told you he's-" Max suddenly hugged Alec wrapping his small arm around his neck. Alec rubbed his back softly and his heart breaks when he heard Max crying on his shoulder. "Max, baby what's wrong. Oh god, please tell me what's going on." 

Guys sorry I was at my bad moment right now. I never leave my story a cliffhanger cause I hated them but I will update soon. Thank you for still reading this. Leave a comment if you want to ask me anything.