Chapter 21

Everything happens so fast and it felt like seconds. The last thing Magnus heard was a bang before Alec runs to his arm. They were wrapped in a hug and next thing he knew, he's in the hospitals worrying not about one but three lives in his plate.

He's currently sitting next to his husband holding his hand and felt nothing but coldness. The memory of the event flashed in his mind over and over again. The room is silent with only beeping of the monitor, one for Alec and one for their baby. Thank god the baby is okay but Alec still hasn't wake up. The induced him to sleep so he could recover better.

Flashback

"You lied! You tricked me! You fucker!" Camille was holding the gun towards Magnus and he shut his eyes knowing it would end badly, he deserve all of this but then he felt a warm hug in his. When he opened his eyes, Alexander's hazel eyes met with his. Then suddenly all the men enter his house and another bang was heard then he saw Camille was on the ground with blood pouring out from her stomach. He couldn't care less about her and the only thing he felt was contented that bitch was hurt.

He felt home, he felt warmth having Alec in his arm but slowly Alec's eyes grown weak and so does his body. "Magnus." He called before his knees falls to the ground but caught by Magnus. As he caught him only then he felt his hand were wet and smell of rust hit his nostril. He lift his hand as his other cradled Alec, he saw red substances dripping down to his wrist. The gun shot was actually a hit and it hit straight to Alec's chest through the back.

"Alexander, stay with me, baby please, help is here, please stay awake. Baby stay with me." Alec stares in his eyes and tears starts to flow and drops along his temple. Magnus was a mess, he couldn't stop his eyes from tearing and he held Alec closed to his chest. Alec lift his hand and cupped Magnus' wet face, stroking his cheek softly. He leans against the touch as he held Alec's hand with his.

"I'm sorry baby. I tried to stop her." Magnus shake his head. He was the one who supposed to be sorry. He was the one who brought this problem in his family and he was the one who put his family in danger but yet again, Alec was apologizing to him.

"No baby, its all my fault please don't say that." Alec smiled leaning his face closer to Magnus' chest before he whispers his last words. "I love you." Then darkness falls as he fells into Magnus' warm embrace.

Magnus was a wrecked mess when Alec decide to say those before fells into unconsciousness. "Alexander no, please don't do that. I love you too. Please Alec wake up, stay with me, please baby, opened your eyes. please." He tapped Alec's face trying to wake him up but failed.

The worst thing was when they took them, both Max and Alec away from his arm. When they put them in the separated ambulance, Magnus was pushed away from it. "Sir, your daughter! She needs you." Magnus was shocked when he heard his daughter. He forgot completely when he left Sophie in the car but when he look around he saw Sophie was cradle by one of the female officer.

"Give her to me!" He shouted and the look on her face was shocked. She hesitated at first but when crying Sophie cried out daddy she passed her to him. "I'm sorry sweetheart, I'm so sorry." He tried to soothe her in his arm when Sophie kept on wailing in tears. "Papa, papa! I want papa." She cried out for Alexander and Magnus couldn't hold back his sobs anymore. Sophie barely wants Alec and usually she would called out for Magnus and not Alec but this time he was clueless and he doesn't know what to do.

"Shh, shh baby girl, papa is gonna be alright, Maxie too okay. We're gonna see them soon okay. We're leaving." He put Sophie in the car seat and didn't think twice before he sped to the hospital. He was carefully as he doesn't want to scare Sophie more. His phone was buzzing like crazy and he saw it was Isabelle and also Maryse and Jace was calling him but left with all the missed call in his notification board.