Chapter 17

"How is my favorite couple doing?" Dr Ranver asked with a happy smiled on her face. Magnus was smiling back but not Alec. He looked tired and beat as he walked into her office holding his stomach. "Not great but getting there." Alec tried to cheer but failed cause he ignored Magnus by his side. "Okay, lets get you checked, how is everything? You guys are okay? I haven't seen you in a while. You cancelled the last appointment in all of a sudden. How's the morning sickness? Has it stopped?" She continued on with her question since they are falling behind on all of that.

"No more morning sickness but Alexander get tired all of the time and he slept most of the days and couldn't sleep the whole night due to - ouchhh!" Magnus groaned in pain as Alec slapped his arm stopping him from continued. They both locked eyes and Magnus was surprised Alec didn't want to tell Dr Ranver on all of the nightmare he's been having. Almost every night.

"Ookaayy, lets get you weighed first Alec. Would you step in here please." She was confused but she decide to let it go for a moment and focus on what matter most.

After all the thorough checking she asked Alec to lie down on the bed for their ultrasound. Alec lifted his shirt up and she put the cold gel on his protruding abdomen. Since Alec is 5 months now, he's showing more and his stomach is actually nicely round and perfect size, unlike when he carried the twins. By that time when Alec was 5 months his abdomen was huge trying to accommodate both babies in.

"Any chances I'm getting a twins doc?" Magnus signed in hope but only to be slapped again by Alec. Dr Ranver smiled at the couples and continued on moving her wand all over Alec's stomach. Little beeping was heard on the screen and Magnus and Alec stares in happiness both in their eyes. "Nope, sorry Mr Bane, only one this time, you guys wanna know the gender or you guys want to keep it secret as well like last time?" She asked. Both Magnus and Alec looked at each other and nodded. "We want to know." Alec said and she smiled turning her eyes back at her monitors.

"Well, I think Sophie is gonna be more glad knowing she's the only lady in the house. Congrats you guys, you're having a boy again." Magnus smiled and kissed Alec on the lips. "Max gonna have someone to play with, Sophie will have another brother to boss around." Magnus said and Alec laughed. "That girl need to stop being so bossy, its driving me crazy." Alec sat while wiped off the gel from his stomach.

"Mr Bane do you mind if I have a word with your husband? Private." Magnus looked at Alec holding his hand together. He nodded and give Alec a kiss on his forehead before he head out the room. He sat by the bed dangling his feet that didn't touched the ground. Dr Ranver pulled a stool and sat by his side.

"Now wanna tell me what's going on? I know that look on my every patient, something is wrong. Tell me Alec. I know you are hiding something. Before you said anything, don't tempt my patience and lie to my face, don't tell me you are fine cause clearly you are not. You might fool your husband but not me." Alec sighed and took a deep breath. He stared at the floor and hold back his tears. He knew he was hormonal but thinking on what happened making him vulnerable. his eyes started to flooded with tears and they dripped down on his cheeks. Dr Ranver grabbed the tissue box and gave to him which he took and wiped his tears away.

"I've been having bad dreams lately. Called it intuition or whatever but I know something bad is gonna happen to my family and god forbid I couldn't live without them. I'm so scared. I'm scared to go to sleep, I'm scared closing my eyes. I'm scared when I opened them my dreams would come true." Alec continued to sobs which signaling Dr Ranver to hugged him and comfort him.

After a while Alec began to calm down, Dr Ranver sat back down on the stool and rubbed his arm up and down. "Alec listened to me, sometimes dreams are not just premonition. They tells things to us in order to prepare us for what's in the future. But also dream tells us about our past and it was some vivid memories that came back haunting us. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Magnus will protect you no matter what." Alec looked at her eyes before he spoke, "But then who will protect my husband? I dreamt they were hurt, not just Magnus, but my twins too. I know something is up and and it feels like someone trying to warn me. I can't ignored the fact that he is in danger still after what happened and they didn't managed to catch that bitch."