chapter 3-Raelynn

Start from the beginning

"I wanted to call my mom." I said with a shrug "She's probably wondering where I am. I was supposed to come home after the test."

"Oops" Max said covering his mouth with his hand and looking at April "I should probably call my mom too." April laughed as she handed him her phone

"Of course, sweetheart." She said handing me her phone "Never be afraid to ask me for something."

I nodded as I punched in my mom's cellphone number and waited for her to answer. "Hello." She said into the phone.

"Mom, it's me." I said after a second.

"Raelynn! Oh my gosh it's almost 6 o'clock at night, where are you? Maxwell's mom called and said he never made it home either." She practically yelled into the phone.

"I'm sorry Mom." I said with a sigh "I would have called sooner but I found my match."

"You found your match." She repeated after a pause.

"Yeah, so did Max he's actually going to the same place, our caregivers are best friends, they live in code 2."

"So, you are a little?" She interrupted.

I cleared my throat before I continued "Yes I am, does that surprise you?" I asked, "because honestly it doesn't surprise me."

"It doesn't surprise me in the slightest, not after everything your father put you through. Are you going to come say goodbye?" She whispered.

"Yeah mom." I said "I couldn't leave without saying bye. We're gonna stop by tomorrow morning."

"Okay." She said clearing her throat. "Then I will see tomorrow, I have to go I love you." She said as I heard a door slam behind her.

"Are you okay." Becca asked as I handed her the phone back. I nodded my head with a smile as I sat down to finish dinner.

"How mad was your mom?" I asked Max with a smile as he sat down and rolled his eyes. "My mom said she got a call from her which means she had to be maaad." I said laughing.

"I pictured steam coming out of her ears." He said with a groan. He leaned over and whispered, "She said something along the lines of you should thank your lucky stars I'm technically not your Mamma anymore, but I sure do feel sorry for that new lady." I snorted a laugh as I looked up at April and Becca who were smiling down at us.

"Secrets aren't fun." April said looking at Max. I covered my mouth and tried not to laugh as I watched Max turn bright red and fumble over his words.

"My mom said she's not my—and she feels—you're my—sorry for you." I couldn't contain my laughter as I fell off my chair laughing. "I hate you." Max yelled jumping on top me. I yelped in surprise.

I heard April's and Becca's chair fall backwards on the ground as they sprinted around the table to break up the fight but when they made it to the other side they saw both Max and I laughing as we rolled around on the floor fighting. "Stop laughing!" Max yelled rolling on top of me. "You're so red!" I said kneeing him in the gut and gaining the upper hand. "It's not funny!" He said poking me in the side causing me to squeal and fall off of him. "Says the tomato!" We both continued laughing clutching our guts until we were able to catch our breaths and sit up.

"You guys having fun?" Becca said looking between Max and I as we stood up and sat back at the table. "You had us worried for a second. I sincerely thought you were fighting."

"Nah." Max said swallowing the last bite of his food "I could never fight this knucklehead."

"That's cause he's afraid I'd show him up." I said throwing away my trash. "Are we going swimming now?" I asked.

"If that's what you guys want absolutely!" Becca said throwing away her trash and grabbing the swimsuits. She handed me a one-piece stripped sailors looking swimsuit and pushed me towards the bathroom. After I got dressed I walked out and Max was opening the bedroom door and wearing a yellow stripped bathing suit. We both sat at the table and waited for Becca and April to change. When they were both ready we ran to the door waiting for them to get ready.

"Looks like we have two very excited and patient little ones waiting at the door." April said with a smile as she looked at us standing at the door.

"It also looks like we have two shoeless towel-less little ones at the door." Becca said pulling two pairs of flipflops out of a bag and waving me over. "I know you're excited but you're not running through those dirty hallways without something to cover your feet. You too Max." She said dropping two pair's of flipflops on the floor for max and I to put our feet in.

"Towels!" April said draping a towel over my shoulder. "They are very cheap, but they will dry your cute little butts off and that's all that matters." Max and I ran towards the door and stood there with smiles on our faces ready to go. When the door opened we both bolted down the hallway towards the elevator until we heard April yell out behind us. "Walk ya little monkeys! Before somebody falls and gets hurt." We slowed down to a walk run and waited for them at the elevator.