42. Advice of Parvati

"Brother, I thought you were over her, what is this reaction? You can't even marry her or for that matter anyone now." the voice of the prince's cousin came and it felt like, he was voicing everyone's opinion. "And friend, the other day, the way you were talking about your wife, I thought you wouldn't even scumble to the seduction of an Apsara." Maharathi Pavankumar chuckled as did everyone else. But the youngsters quietened down when they saw the eldest prince glare at them and the state of Rajkumar Vikramaditya.

The older Prince slowly kept a hand in the prince's shoulder and spoke gently, "What's it Aditya?" The gathering that day had all the companions of Vikramaditya, the wise prince Bhoj, the eldest child of king Ujjaini, Rajkumar Shivdarshan, Rajkumari Parvati in whose Lal Mahal the meeting was taking place as usual and Maharathi Pavankumar. The only one absent was Rajkumar Rajendra, the recent groom. The prince stood up and shook his head at his companions, "I am not after her. It's just that, if she married Rajendra, she would be here forever. And, your ears must have already heard what happened to my wife. Also, the fact that, why Rajendra married her when he was in love with Maya so madly makes me feel confused." he told, remembering all the instances when his notorious cousin would stick to him when he was with his then lover, Princess Veena, confessing his profound love for her little sister Maya.

"Aditya, I think we should talk about the security, tomorrow, and bring our little sister-in-law along with you tomorrow, so we can meet her. Don't worry Now, and go to your wife, she really needs you, see even the sun has drowned in the arms of darkness. We will take care of all rest later." Rajkumari Ujjaini said as she got up and everyone including Rajkumar Vikramaditya laughed aloud. "Not sure about the sun, but someone else here is desperate to return to the arms of her lover." Parvati said raising her eyebrow to tease. Ujjaini shrugged but then suddenly remembered her victory over the jewel studded dagger and bragged about it as everyone listened intently with wide eyes. The one most affected by this was the youngest one, as she said, "God, love made brother, sacrifice so much. I would never fall in love." She was the only one unmarried and thinking that she would give up her resolute too in future, everyone smiled at her childishness.

The desperate princess and the tired warriors soon left. Rajkumar Vikramaditya remained back to gulp down some more wine, before he returned to his injured other half. "Bratha, I want to talk something to you." Princess Parvati who was sitting in her usual position with her legs straightened out, eating roasted nuts stared at him.

"Go on sister, I am listening, I am eager to hear all you have to say, especially about my judgement." he smirked assuming she would praise him for that. "Your judgement, was impressive, but what I wish to talk about today is something else." she said and stared at him, though her face didn't display much emotions, he could say she was emotional through the quivering of her voice. "What's it little sister, don't be distressed and start your conversation?"

"You know, how my mother died?" she asked and the Prince was surprised, "I know, brother, that it was you who narrated me the tale of my mother's demise, but dear brother, I believe you don't absorb it's essence, otherwise, you wouldn't have treated Varsha, the way you did." by this time, the princess was standing and blazing at him, he also stood up too stunned to react, he had never seen her like that, it was not her style. She always spoke diligently and diplomatically. But, eventually Her words caught up with the prince's brain and his voice also raised, "What do you mean by the way I treat her?"

"You know, my mother was not the actual daughter of my maternal grandfather, she was adopted." as the princess told this after calming down, the prince gasped, she nodded to him, to assure she was speaking the truth, "My maternal grandmother didn't have any daughters and one day when she and her husband were going to a temple on mountain hill top, suddenly due to a storm, they found themselves deserted, my mother lived there along with her brother and brother in law, seeing their hungry and injured selves, she served them as if they were their own parents, touched, they adopted her. Soon, after she got married to our father." she completed her tale as the prince stood dumbstruck.

"But, why are you telling me this now?" he asked. "Because, it's related to your wife, brother. She never knew, anything about war fare and when the attack happened on them, father left her alone and assumed she would know atleast self defence against a single soldier. Alas, she knew nothing, she saved me with her life, but died saving me." Parvati was dejected by the time, she completed. "Your wife is also equally if not more naive, Aditya. Don't make the same mistake that father made. Because, all father lost in that was one of his wives. But you will lose everything, as you can't marry again. You don't even have a heir. Now you should leave, but never forget my advice, if she is a commoner, treat her like one, not only love but protect her like she is the only one for you brother. Otherwise, you will regret." she said emotionally but the prince gulped another goblet of vine and stared at her, "What can I do, it's not like I planned or expected all this would happen. I have appointed Veerangnas for her, what should I do? She's so weak." he said frustrated.

"Brother, don't complain and thus try to avoid your guilt behind it, you knew you well about our palace to not expect anything such. You are her husband (protector) don't try to run from your duty." she sighed and her voice softened, "Aditya brother, she has not even seen all the shapes of moon here, take care of her."

Please Vote, Comment and share.

Tell me your thoughts:)

All shapes of moon means fifteen days:)