30. Name.

Rajkumar was a little troubled as to what would be ideal to say in such a situation. He didn't wanted to lie, he could have easily, but he didn't wanted to, at least not with her. He wanted diplomacy out of their palace. "I didn't know you were educated enough to read Itihaasas." he said letting her know his thoughts but at the same time not coming out very harsh. She nodded with a gentle smile, at least he didn't assume her to be a illiterate, she sighed, "Though I know only basics of education but, you remember I told you that I teached for a living?" she asked.

The Rajkumar nodded grinding his teeth. It angered him that, she had to work for a living. He gently looked at her and realised that his anger was visible on his face as she looked slightly frightened. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder, "Go on." he said. "Hmm... So... It was Kanya Nivas. So there many princess were being thought this when I heard." he nodded but this thought upset him greatly. But he cupped her face and one look at her innocent features, he knew she was not to blame for this.

"You're so beautiful Varsha" he mumbled in her neck leading to her neck turn red. "Swami." he could hear her mumbled voice. "Hmm..." he said kissing her, unaware of the nervousness in her voice. She wanted to speak but felt paralyzed. But after a moment of indulgence, he realised she wanted to say something, "What is it Dear?" he asked his voice suddenly gentle at her. "That.. That... I told you, I borrowed the lion meat from... Maharani..." she was shuttering but couldn't help. "So?" he asked raising an brow. "That... I... She.. " tears formed in her eyes. He gently wiped them, unaffected and carried her to the bed and settling her in his lap, asked again, "What is it?" She suddenly burst into a pool of tears. "Swami... Maharaniji told me, I have to change my name, if not now then in future.. I am so scared. I don't want to change my name... It's my identity... My parents called me by my name. I know though that this tradition exists... But my.. " she again hesitated but the fear of losing her identity took over. "..Initially into whose family I was to be married of allowed me to maintain the same name... And otherwise also Kshatriyas don't change name, right?" she asked and looked up to see a very angry Rajkumar.

He stood up, placing her into the bed and turned his face away. He couldn't help the name business, it was inevitable. But he intended with his whole heart to console her. To make her understand why, she has to change her name. Make her see a slight picture of how their future would look like together. But she spoke about someone else.. Someone else before him in her life.. Though he knew that he had not even seen her... Interacting was far.. But still the thought of someone else... She dreaming of someone else in the past and now thinking of life with him... Angered him. Maybe he was over doing all of these. When he knew she was pure by thought.. But couldn't help recollecting the past when in such a situation.. Still anger took the better of him. When he turned he saw her standing with shocked face, he slowly neared her with dangerous steps, "Is that what you were thinking all day?" he asked in such a calm voice that it was scary, but she was to naive to understand. She visibly relaxed at him relaxed attitude. She was thought never to even think of any other man but her husband and never mention someone before her husband. But she did. "No... I was just perplexed. I don't want to change my name, Swami." she said. "I can't help it." he said taking her in his arms, "So, stop thinking about it. I can delay it, if you want. But that is the end of discussion. No more talking." he said making both of them comfortable in their bed.

Please vote and comment.

Thank you.

Please share this story with your friends.