11. Impending Meet

When the prince woke up in the morning, he noticed that his wife was missing, he got up and went on with his regular routine. He was up early today as his sleep was interrupted by his lovely wife and also because he was nervous about the encounter he is about to have with his parents. But when he had come from bath and still couldn't find his wife, he was worried for her, she was new here. Just when he was about to order a maid to bring her, she herself came followed by the chief maid. The chief maid was a middle aged widow, she was from his mother's paternal home.

As he set his eyes on his veiled wife, he made a mental note to appoint veeranganas instead of his soldiers. "Ekanth" he ordered his eyes set on his wife. The knowing maids exchanged glances with sly smile and quickly left. As soon as they left, he neared her removing her veil "Where were you?" He asked. "In the kitchen." She said her eyes twinkling. He remembered her mentioning about teaching cooking somewhere in nearby village. It didn't please him much. He walked back to stand before the mirror.

"Come here, help me get dressed." He said unhappy about her poor background which was going to create him loads of trouble in a couple of minutes. She walked near him with a tinge of pink in her cheeks, his bare upper half had caused that. She picked up the cloth and started struggling with it. He shook his head and himself wore it. She helped him clumsily into his earrings and pearl chain, he had worn the rest already. He smirked at her and said, "Here place my Mukut, in my head." Handing her the mukut. She took it from him but hesitated, he was so tall. She was in her toes by the time she placed it properly in his head. He at that moment placed his hand on her bare waist causing her to tremble and slip in his arms. He gently kissed her and said, "Wait for me, I will be here for the lunch." She finally opened her eyes and nodded. Then he left as he was about to leave the room she called out aloud, "Swami" and rushed to him. He turned back and saw her rushing, "Relax, what is it?" He asked firmly, the momentum of the upcoming seriousness had already engulfed him.

"Hmm....I wanted to ask, what would you like for the lunch?" She asked. Amidst all this tension, the thing he least wanted to do was pick up his choices for lunch but seeing her tinkling eyes and keeping her in mind he named his favourite vegetarian food items "Brinjal, Barley, Curd and Ladoos will be good." He curtly left after that. As he was walking towards the meeting room in his palace he felt nervousness to a extent he hasn't felt before. Actually he had never been nervous before.

A.N:-
Namaste! Tell me how you like this. And,

Please vote and comment.

Thank you!