7. Politics-The Beginning

They both started for the palace. Both of them should have been happy but they were not. They knew the problems, they will have to face. The palace was a difficult place with difficult people. The servants and soldiers, even some of the courtiers, tried to get a glimpse of the veiled beauty as the servant girl, who had dressed her had already spread it among everyone that she was beauty of a kind, the most beautiful woman ever, this had burned the inquisitiveness of men and woman alike. The only man, not interested to see her face was the dearest friend of the prince, Maharathi Pavankumar. He was a married man and considered the prince's wife as his sister.

The anxieties of Varsha and Vikramaditya were on two different levels. Sitting in the pallak, Varsha was worried about getting acceptance in her new home, and getting acquitted with the new life style and being a good wife to her husband. On the other hand Rajkumar knew very well of the situation. His marriage was fixed with Rajkumari Kanaka. Now the complications his haste marriage had created for the political stability of his nation was innumerable.

1. Princess Kanaka was in love with him. Which means, if in this delicate situation, even a bit goes wrong, she will step in to fire causing forever enemity with a strong state like Magadh.

2. Even if handled properly, there will be some burnt in the heart of people and hence they will lose the strong allies.

3. Worst, losing allies is one thing but a situation thus can cause immediate war.

4. And he can't even take the princess as his wife and his mother must have assured her of the post of Yuvrani.

5. The courtiers and even his own parents will never accept a poor daughter of Brahmin, as Yuvrani.

6. And his eka-patni vrata promise was sure to bring a lot of difficulties, not only now even in future.

He sighed, but he has to face it and all that has to come. Soon they reached the palace. He knew that news travels faster than air, so he had said everyone to keep quite. He knew that his stepmother Amravati and his step and only brother Bhargav, will not lose this opportunity to snatch his rights from him. So he had kept the news from travelling but now it would be open as day in front of everyone. As soon as he neared the gate. He saw his parents and some of his  stepmothers, courtiers, his sisters and his stepbrother over there.

They all seemed confused on whose palki was coming. He neared them and Varsha was walking behind him. "She is my wife" he informed. Everyone was shocked including the King. His mother was about to drop the aarti taal. "She....is she even a Royal?" One of the courtiers Shriman Venkateshwar questioned. "No, she is Brahman-putri." He firmly stated. "Won't you welcome your putravadu?" He asked directing the question towards his mother.

A.N:-
Namaste! The political game has begun, what do you feel? If you like it,

Please vote and comment.

Thank you!!