Nothing more, nothing less.

Stacy's perspective:

"Hey, good morning." 

The first thing my eyes saw when they opened up. His face, his smile and his presence. My lips curled up when I saw him so happy and stress-less. God, he looked magical. 

"Is all this a dream or has life actually become bearable?" I laughed pulling the sheet around me more higher to my neck. 

"You are a whole different person in the mornings, man I missed this." He said as he raised his hand and rested his head in his palms, taking his elbows as a support. "Did I wake you up when I carried you to your room?" 

I looked around, the hill clearing was gone, his truck was gone and all that surrounded me was my own, morning lit room. I smiled when I realized he'd carried me up here and slept beside me the whole of the remaining night. 

"Should have woken me up earlier." I smiled, seeing his lips widen. 

"Anyway, do you feel better?" He asked sitting up and resting his back to the headrest. 

"Hmm." I hummed closing my eyes. It was somewhat bearable now. Everything seemed to become a haze and I wanted to forget whatever happened. 

I looked at my ceiling and saw the stars slowly dim down as the morning sun shone from the breaks of my curtain. It was a nice morning, no worries, no screams, no tears. Just one of the moments I needed to treasure before everything got destroyed again. 

I heard the loud banging of doors from the ground floor. I slightly got up and saw Atticus frown too. I looked at him, confused because I thought we were the only two people in the house. If there was anyone else, Atticus would have never beside me. 

"STACY?" I heard the screaming from below. 

It was mom. Her screaming seemed to terrify me too. I quickly jumped out of bed and Atticus ran downstairs. 

"Yes mom, will be down in a minute." I yelled running to my closet. 

I slipped on a pair of black leggings and adjusted my hair. Looking like I just woke up now, I added a light layer of lip balm on my lips and rushed downstairs. 

She was standing in front of the television. Atticus leaning on one of the couches and I chocked on seeing Chris near the dining table. After what looked like forever, we, the newly made family was back in our living room acting a slight bit of civil. 

"Wow, this is a surprise." I said walking down the stairs and stopping near the end of the railing. 

Everyone seemed to avoid eye-contacts. They looked on the floor, the roof, the table, the couch, anywhere but each others eyes. 

"What do we owe this surprise to?" Atticus asked next. 

"We wanted to tell you both that--" Chris spoke but he stopped mid-sentence when his eyes locked with mine. 

Just look at the power of guilt. It stops any person from uttering any kind of sentence reminding them and putting them back to the place they were earlier in. I shook my head, almost scoffing a mocking laugh. 

"Chris and I are getting a divorce." Mum said and I coughed instantly. 

The next thing I know, my eyes locked with Atticus. He was surprised, not shocked, surprised. I gulped and looked back at them again, clearing if what I heard was right. 

"We planned it from a month, and we did sign the papers. We officially ended all kinds of relationships with each other, so...why was the front door left open?" Mum completed.