Taken for granted.

Stacy's perspective:

Dejected. Wretched. Melancholic. Crestfallen. Dismal. 

Maybe these were the words which could possibly describe the feelings rushing through me. Like the mighty wave storm hitting every part of the coastal beauty, these feelings bombarded my slow reawakening heart. Like how the boulders had fallen before, they just fell again. 

But after the gush of air which blew my hair, while I walked down the stairs, I realized it didn't matter anymore. To me, I didn't care what I just silently barged into. It doesn't make a difference of what I was having. I hungered for what I eminently wanted. 

"Join me for a dance." I was pulled towards the crowd after the words merrily sang. 

My downhearted face which had experienced the sight of walking through a happening act was rejoiced instantly. 

I was swung around and pulled forward to only hit a hard chest. My lashes curled upwards and my eye balls took the complete view. What stood in front of me, was the food to all my hunger. The ends of my eyes creased as my lips twitched upon the heart thriving sight. 

My hands were caught in his and he magically swayed to the rhythm of the playing melody. The swirls and swings which were periodically in a patterned notion, was making me laugh through the air. And the depressed, annoyed and detached feeling was very long gone. 

"Why were you so blank when you came down?" Atticus asked tilting his head. 

This brought me back to the scene I just escaped. The scene I didn't want to talk about. The scene I was pressing upon to just evaporate. Although I took a clear glimpse of everything happening in the room, I hated myself for even opening the damn door. But I could manage to get out of this. 

Manage to stand back up again. Pillars are never too old to fall down, unless they are broken. I am not the one going to be broken. When, for a fact I know that it actually hadn't mattered so much. Except for the trust factor. 

"Stacy?" Atticus asked as he twirled me out and then in again. 

"Yeah, I was just maybe drunk." I blabbered. 

"What?" He asked creasing his eyebrows. 

Duh, I can't be drunk and miss know-it-all at the same time. That's not how the drunk concept works. You're drunk and you wouldn't even know it right? At least that's what I've read and seen in movies. Next thing you know, you're in an absurd place with a hefty hangover and you've already done things you would repent. 

But when I opened my mouth to make up more lies, some beautiful soul stopped me, making my road to hell for the lies I was going to make up, by barging in on us. 

My hand was pushed away from Atticus's grip and he looked quite mad at the one soul who interrupted our slow dance. For being so thankful, I was also a little annoyed at how I was pushed.

"What are you doing, bitch?" Caroline asked me as she swayed around her head and finally landed it on Atticus's shoulders. 

My eyes blew open at her statement. I blinked turning towards Atticus. His eyes creased as it focused on Caroline, now hugging him. 

"Sorry, what?" I asked making it a little more louder than usual. 

"What do you think you are? Some model hippy kinda slut? Just get the fuck away from him okay? He is mine." Caroline hissed at me as she pulled Atticus and placed her lips on his. 

"Whoa, that is not something I want to--" I began looking away at the instant shock that just slapped on my face. 

But just when I was turning to move away from them, Caroline was pushed away and I saw Atticus wiping his lips with the back of his hand. He pulled my hand, asking me to wait maybe. I stayed but I immediately pulled my hand away from his grip.