Three

Demi

Nick Jonas confirms romance rumours with mystery blonde as the couple share a brief kiss outside Jonas' Los Angeles apartment.

I locked my iPhone and dropped it down onto the couch beside me, my fingers combing through my hair as I stared down at my stomach. I went to speak the thoughts that were running around in my head but jumped at the sound of my phone's ringtone. I sighed as I checked the caller ID but I answered the call anyway.

"Please tell me that you aren't seriously going to do this. Are you sure there's nothing I can do to change your mind?" I leant my head back against the couch and stared up at the ceiling, shutting my eyes as tears burnt at the back of them.

"Kels, there's nothing you can say that will change my mind. He's moved on, he isn't going to want a baby to come and ruin his life. Kelsey, I've made my mind up and there's nothing you can say or do to change it" I glanced down at my stomach, the tears that I had been trying to hold back had slowly began their journey down my cheeks. I ran my finger along my stomach before looking up at Batman as he jumped onto the couch and curled himself up on my lap. Cinderella followed behind him and curled herself into my side. I really don't know where I'd be without my dogs.

"You want me to come with you? I won't talk if you don't want me to, I'll just sit there and comfort you if you need it" I couldn't help the smile that tugged at the corners of my lips.

"I'd like that. Thank you, Kelsey."

-

I leant back against the hospital bed, trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach. Kelsey remained at my side, my hand clutching on hers as we waited for the doctor to appear. I don't think I've ever been so nervous about doing something before. My heart is practically pounding out of my chest, my throat clogged up as tears burnt my eyes.

"You don't have to do this, Dems" I turned to Kelsey with a glare and I was thankful that she fell silent and didn't question me further. She pulled her lips into a tight line as she kept her grip on my hand. I know that I don't have to do this, but I don't have a choice. I can't be a single mother, can I? I can't have Nick's baby. I don't think I could stare at my baby's face everyday and not think about how much I screwed up with their daddy. They wouldn't get that perfect family I always imagined when I one day had children.

"Afternoon Miss Lovato" Kelsey and I turned to the door as Dr James stepped through, a small and welcoming smile settled on his face. "You're here for an abortion, is that correct?" I nodded and chewed down on my lip as I briefly glanced to Kelsey who tightened her grip on my hand. "We have the pregnancy confirmation from your blood test, so we'll get right down to business. Would you like your friend to stay in?" I shook my head as I turned to Kelsey with a tiny smile.

"You can go and wait outside" our eyes locked but I had to look away because I could tell that she was pleading with me to not do this. She probably thinks I'll regret it.

"As long as you're sure?" I nodded, blinking to try and push back the tears that were threatening to stream down my cheeks. "Love you, Dems, that will never change" I kept my eyes away from her, out of fear that she'd see my hesitation over the entire situation. Am I really doing the right thing?

"Love you too" she gave my hand a final squeeze before she turned and left the room. As soon as she had disappeared was when I finally allowed my tears to fall. If Kelsey saw my tears, she would have convinced me to not do this.

-

I turned when the door opened and instantly released a sob when my eyes landed on Kelsey, she didn't hesitate to pull me into a tight embrace.

"You're okay" I sobbed into her neck, my hands clutching at the back of her shirt. "Come on, D. You're going to make me cry" I pulled myself away from her and wiped at my cheeks as I sniffled. I knew already that my eyes would be puffy and bloodshot. "Let's get you home. Did Dr James talk about what would happen?" I nodded but I didn't want to talk about it. I think Kelsey got the message because she didn't press the matter further. She no longer asked me questions.

I remained quiet as we left the doctor's office and climbed into the car, thankful that the paparazzi had held off. I had sunglasses over my eyes so they wouldn't have seen me crying even if they had have been lurking around the clinic. The radio wasn't even turned on as we left the parking lot. Kelsey quietly drove me home. My hand settled itself on my stomach, but I pulled away and released a sob, glancing out the car window as we drove through the hills.

My eyebrows furrowed when I saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway as we pulled through the main gate.

"Do you know whose car that is?" Kelsey completely ignored me as she climbed from the car and pulled the keys out with her. I groaned and wiped at my cheeks as I climbed from the car, completely ignoring Kelsey as I began towards the front door which I pushed open, instantly being greeted by Batman and Cinderella who came bounding towards me. "Hi Babies" I crouched so I could fuss them, only looking up when my eyes caught the sight of some all too familiar shoes.

"I think we need to talk."

"Nick..."

——

——