XX

Akuma

Connor groans aloud as I make my way to the kitchen, clasping my hands excitedly.
"What now?"
Damien questions, raising a brow.
"You two are making me muffins~"
I explain happily as I step into the kitchen, waiting for them.
"Why don't you make them?"
Damien asks as he steps into the kitchen, frowning. Connor follows behind, shooting me a look.
"Because you two should learn."
I say shortly and move to the opposite counter, lifting myself to sit atop it.
"Alright you need eggs and milk from the fridge first."
I direct as Damien and Connor look at each other, their blank gazes meeting for just a moment before Connor sighs and trudges to the fridge. He gets out the ingredient as I had instructed and sets them on the counter, earning a baffled look from Damien.
"We're just gonna do this?"
He asks blankly and Connor nods with a sigh.
"She won't take no for an answer..."
He mutters and Damien looks toward me with pleading eyes. I smile as I meet his gaze.
"You need flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and vanilla from the cabinet."
I say sweetly and finally he gives up, turning towards the cabinet in his search for ingredients.
"Connor, canola oil, chocolate chips, and cupcake liners from the pantry."
He nods obediently and I watch as they both gather things and set them atop the counter.
Once they have gathered all the instructed ingredients I continue.
"Connor a bowl and two cupcake pans, Damien a whisk and rubber scraper."
We continue through each step seamlessly, each of the boys becoming less tense with each instruction. Damien whisks while Connor drops liners into the pan beside him, and they even work together to get all the batter from the bowl into the cups. Finally Damien sticks the pans into the preheated oven and the two move back to the bowl to taste-test the remnants.
"I want the whisk~"
Connor says as he snatches it from the bowl, earning a soft scoff from Damien.
"Alright, I get the bowl and the scraper."
He says and Connor nods, using his tongue to clean the remnants of sweet batter from the whisk.
"Do I get any?"
I ask playfully, earning glares from both of them.
"Nope."
Damien says finally and Connor grins.
"Definitely not."
I huff and smile to myself, watching as Connor begins to clean the dishes and Damien dries and puts them away. They don't speak, but at least they aren't acting like they hate each other. Once they finish with the dishes, they plop down at the table and wait patiently for the timer to go off, both their gazes wandering the room. Finally Connor clears his throat, breaking the silence.
"So, Akuma mentioned she raised you..."
He begins hesitantly, glancing towards Damien.
"That is correct."
Damien replies, glancing at me. I smile and nod my head towards Connor, encouraging Damien. Damien frowns and lowers his gaze, contemplating. Finally he sighs and taps his chin as he speaks.
"So, how does one become a hunter? Did you just hate us or something?"
Connor, seeming a bit flustered, blinks a few time before responding.
"My father was a hunter. I suppose it was only natural to want to be like my dad."
Connor chooses his words carefully and Damien accepts the answer with a nod.
"I suppose it is."
Damien responds as the timer sounds and Connor bounces up to go check the muffins.
"Finished!"
He exclaims after he has checked them and takes them out of the oven with a mitt, setting them atop the stove.
"Yaaay muffins!"
I cheer happily and Connor and Damien glance at each other before both of their gazes are directed towards me.
"Our muffins."
Damien says as he crosses his arms, looking to Connor for back up.
"Uh, that's right. We made them so they're ours."
Connor says firmly and I raise my brows in surprise.
"Seriously? It was my idea. Connor I cooked for you! Damien I raised you. Surely I deserve a couple muffins!"
They lock gazes again for a long moment before Damien turns to smile at me.
"And for the umpteenth time, thank you. But these are our muffins."
Connor nods along and I scoff, hopping off the counter.
"Even with two of you, you couldn't stop me from getting a muffin if you tried."
I lecture and Connor lifts his brows.
"Is that a challenge?"
He asks cockily and I laugh, placing my hands on my hips.
"Dang right it is!"

Connor

So, perhaps challenging a vampire noble... wasn't the smartest idea.
Akuma lunges forwards and smacks both of us on the forehead, a gesture that left minimal pain but plenty of annoyance. She giggles and dances back stealthily, luring Damien and I after her. We fall for her trap and lunge for her, only for her to sidestep and sprint into the living room. Damien and I follow quickly, Akuma taking refuge on the other side of the couch.
"One each way, go!"
Damien shouts and I take right as he steps left, both of us charging forward to corner Akuma. She stands perfectly still and I move forward with the intent of tackling her. Realization of her strange action hits me all too late as she leaps up and Damien and I barrel into each other, tumbling to the ground. Her laugh fills the room.
"You only had to protect the muffins, dummies, why did you chase me?"
She laughs again as she dances towards the kitchen, Damien and I scrambling over each other to get to our feet despite the fact that my head and chest ache from the impact.
"Get her!"
I yell as we charge after her but are too late. We come to a halt beside each other in the kitchen entryway, watching in horror as she peels back the liner and takes a huge bite out of one of our delicious looking muffins.
"Connor our muffins!"
Damien hollers and Akuma breaks into a fit of giggles, covering her mouth.
"She got the first taste too!"
I say in disbelief as I look towards Damien, revenge burning in his dark eyes.
"Guys, guys, please relax. It was all for you two. Look at that, when given a common enemy you can actually work together and get along."
Akuma lectures and the two of us stare at her in shock.
"I guess she's right..."
I mutter dumbfounded and turn to Damien who still has is eyes locked on Akuma.
"Nonetheless, she must pay."