Page 11

Hey everyone, sorry about taking such a long break. I know that this page is way overdue and yes any excuse I could give you, like burning down part of my house and not having enough money to pay for it all, would still not make this wait, ok. Anyway I wanted to thank each and every one of you that have read this far, it means a whole lot more to me than you can imagine, and with that, enjoy the book. 

As the men outside yelled I grabbed the phone and started to dial a number, but this time it wasn't going to be Aldon.

"BEEP, BOOP, BEEP".

"9-1-1 what is your emergency?"

"Hi,  yes, my name is Cory and right now I am being attacked by a group of thugs that are outside of my apartment!"

"Sir is this a group of vampires or humans?" A woman at the end of the line asked. You would think that it shouldn't matter, but in this day and age where vampires are untouchable, it's a valid question. 

"It's a group of humans mam, now please, HELP!" As I finished the final part with a yell the operator began to understand. 

"Of course sir, there will be police at your location in under two minutes, please hold on until then." And with that, the line went dead.

As soon as the line went dead, I ran to the door with anything that I could find. My hope was that if I barricade the door then maybe it would take them more than two minutes to get inside. 

After about a minute had passed, there came a bang from my now, somewhat barricaded door. After what seemed like ages another came, after that, they came in rapid succession. BANG, BANG, BANG. That's when it happened, the window came crashing in! 

A metal ball came rolling towards me, that's when I realized my stupidity. I barricaded the door but forgot the window. As soon as my mind had time to have processed this information a long leg was already reaching its way through the now crashed in window.        

At this point, my only option left was to hide. I fell down onto all fours and crawled to my sink cupboard hoping that it would provide enough cover until the cops showed up. 

"You know you could have made this easy." A man said. The words came out of his mouth as smooth as butter, each one made you want to see who they were coming from, worse than the last. 

"But now I'm going to make you bleed. " The same man said, but this time the words came out with a menacing tone that made you want to scream and hide. 

The man seemed to take his time trying to find me but after a second, all footsteps went silent. The cupboard flew open as a hand came in it grabbed my blond hair and pulled me out into the apartment. He grabbed the knife from his side and quickly brought it down into my shoulder. A screech came from my mouth. This was the worst pain I had felt in this lifetime.

That's when everything went still, then a loud BANG came from outside and for what seemed like just a second, a metal object entered my peripheral vision and then it was gone, lodged into the head of my menace. Blood started to drip from his head and down his arms, after what seemed like a standardized movie long pause, his had let go of my hair and he fell to the ground, dead! A pool of blood started to form where he had fallen, that's when a hand came into my field of vision.

"Are you alright sir?" A man in a blue outfit said, still holding out his hand.

"Umm, yes. Thank you, sir." I said very hesitantly as I grabbed his hand to pull myself up straight. 

In a far off place filled with darkness, "Hey, Aldon, your plan failed, what now?"

"Patience, my dear sister, only time will tell."