Page 2

Cory sat there in shock not knowing how to respond.

"And if I refuse?" Cory asked with a little hope in his voice.

"Well then ... You're free to go. The only thing is that if you prove to me that you can't handle being a "big boy" then you won't get a choice the second time." The vampire said without remorse in his voice.

This made Cory start to rethink his options the first one was that he could decide to be this guys baby and live out his life with some privileges and then maybe one day become a second-rate vampire and live life well. Or he could tell this guy no and be on his merry way and hope that he never see's this guy again.   

"I'm going to have to choose the second option, thank you very much. " Cory said to the man with only a little hesitation. 

"Welp then I'll be off. If you decide to change your mind just call me." As soon as the man had said all that he dissipated into the sky leaving behind only a small card with a number on it that read 1800-love-blood.    

"This has got to be a joke." Cory thought to himself and man you wish that he could have been. 

After Cory got home that night he could not shake this easy feeling that he had. It felt like someone was watching him but he couldn't figure out who. Cory couldn't shake that feeling until he got up and went for his nightly run. Every night he ran to the same place. A park near the center of London where you could hear the howls of wolves the "Werewolves of London". But as Cory got to the park that uneasy feeling that he had vanished. 

"See I knew it was just my imagination. " Cory said to himself. 

And just as if on cue life threw a wrench into his life a gang of thugs came out of the woods not really looking for anything just kinda walking until they noticed Cory after that they blind straight to him.  

Cory wouldn't have thought much about it if they hadn't started calling out threats at him.

"Hey, you there come here and die for our pleasure." One of the men called out at Cory.   

Now if there hadn't been ten of them and one of Cory then ya more than likely he would have fought it out. But given the circumstances, Cory decided to run. Cory ran faster than he had ever run before all the way back to his apartment building. As soon as he was behind a locked door he gave a heavy sigh he had made it. Right then there was a huge knock at his door. 

"Pizza delivery" Called out the same voice that had told him to come die. When Cory didn't respond they started to hit the door harder. Then harder until the door was shaking. At this point, Cory had no choice but to call the number that had been given to him. 

"Ring - Ring -Ring Click. Hello?" The vampire from before said.

"Help please help me there are people outside my door trying to kill me. Please help me" Cory said in a quick voice that sounded like a scared child's. And as if right on cue the gang from outside yelled in.

"If you don't open this door right now it's going to get a whole lot worse we will make sure you bleed".

Form on the other side of the phone you could hear the sound of teeth clenching and as if the universe finally gave Cory a break just as the gang broke down the door the vampire appeared in front of him just like a knight in shining armor. The men just stood there in shock as if they didn't know what they were staring at. The vampire took Cory into his arms and walked him over to the bed to set him down when one of the men ran straight at the vampire and just like that he stopped running and was down laying on the ground. 

"I'm so sorry that this happened to you if you could do me a favor and close your eyes for daddy so that you don't see all the blood." All Cory could do was oblige and put his hands over his eyes. After that just like a bat in the night and swifter than any blade it was over. Every single one of them was on the ground and before Cory could take his hand off his eyes the vampire was back and had Cory back in his arms and walking out of the room with a bag of Cory's things.