New Science teacher and new student?

Dear diary, Sep, 10.18
So apparently our science teacher, Miss. Maybelle was fired Friday. The school found evidence of her having a past relationship with one of her students. It's shocking to say the least but they did get her out of the school. They were able to find a replacement easy and were meeting with him today. I hope this guys cool, it would suck if he was one of those new teachers without a back bone.
Sincerely
Keith Kogane

"You still keep a diary?" Lance asked and he saw me close it. It was lunch, right before Lance and I had science. I looked up at him to see him chomping down on an apple.

"My therapist asked me to write out something that happens everyday. I apparently I "have problems with expressing myself. So she asked me to write for her, so she can read them later" I explained. I've been in therapy since the accident, as I got older, I stopped talking as much as I should. I don't like talking about my life or my problems.

"Oh, well at least you're not keeping your problems cooped up inside. That wouldn't be good at all. You know, umm if you need to, you can always talk to me" Lance said, avoiding eye contact near the last part. I hid the smile on myself face by placing my face in my hand, using the table to support my elbow.

"Thanks I guess" I say, acting like I could care less.

"You know, life would be easier if you'd just confess already" Pidge joked. I rolled my eyes at her stupidity as Lance let out a chuckle.

"As if I'd like him. I have standards" He replied, worlds going through my heart like knifes. I ignored the pain as it was useless to act any other way. I looked over to Hunk, who's eyes were a bit to wide to be normal.

"You good Hunk?" I asked, sending the attention to him. I followed his eyes to see a girl, a new student from what I could tell. She had dark skin, was at least 6' foot tall, with almost shoulder length hair that was naturally curly. Her face had a wonderful smile on it. Her eyes almost looked as if they were glowing golden brown, even from here. She was wearing a black tank top dress with Guaiacum flowers from Jamaica on it with with black leggings that went down to her knees and black flats. Even though I'm completely gay, I could appreciate how pretty this girl is.

"Ooooo, does Hunk have a thing for the new girl?" Lance joked.

"I do not! I'm just appreciating her from a distance. There's nothing wrong with that" Hunk replies, face a little red. I smirked as I got up from my seat.

"I'll be back" I say walking towards the girl.

"Keith, wait no!" Hunk protested, but it didn't stop me. I reached the girl and smiled at her, as she gave me a warm smile.

"Hi, my name is Keith, I noticed that your new here and was wondering if you'd like to sit with my friends and I" I explained, holding out my hand. She gave a strong gripped hand shake and smiled widely. Her eyes were golden brown, and they were extremely bright and beautiful.

"I'd love to! Thank you so much. My name is Shay by the way" she said as we walked back to our table.

"Guys, and Pidge, this is Shay. I invited her to sit with us. Shay this is Lance, Katie but I call her Pidge, and that's Hunk" I say making sure I pointed directly to Hunk.

"Hello! It's nice to meet you all" she said as she sat next to Hunk

"So Shay, Tell is about your self" Pidge said.

"Well I'm 17, I'm an exchange student from Jamaica. I came here with my brother Rax. And I'm excited to learn more about America. This is the first time ever being out of my village" she said that smile not leaving her face. We continued to lear more about her as we informed her about us. I even invited her to hang out after school with us at Jimmy's. The bell soon rang saying lunch was over and we all parted ways. Lance and I walked to our science, wondering what our new teacher would be like.

"Do you think he'll be old and wrinkly?" Lance asked. I shrugged, not knowing anything but this guys gender. Lance opened the door and we walked in to see we were the first people here. I looked over to the desk to see a man with medium brown skin, brown hair with glasses sitting reading a book.

"Adam?!" I say drawing his attention to me.

"Keith?"