Chapter 8: Who the hell is Morgan??

I took my bag to Tyler's guest room then walked toward the kitchen. I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard Connor talking about a girl.

"I actually live with her," he says, "She was there when no one else was."

I can't help but feel the pain that builds in the pit of my stomach. The more he speaks the larger it grows, threatening to eat up my entire existence.

"She's my beast friend," he says.

Well how fricken sweet.

"You should introduce her to Hanna, she needs a girl friend," Ty suggests.

Over my dead body, I think to my self. I'm not sure if it's a good idea for me to meet Connors girlfriend, considering I didn't know he had a girlfriend when he decided to make out with me in bed.

"We should go to bed," I say barging into the kitchen.

"Is everything okay?" Connor asks. Like he actually gives a shit.

"Yup, just peachy. Good night," I mutter.

"Wait, Banana, I want Connor to sleep in the bed with you. You guys have a big day tomorrow," Ty says to me.

"Alright," I mumble.

I quickly left the room because if I was hiding my hurt in anyway, I don't think I would have been able to hold it much longer. The pit in the bottom of my stomach was growing and didn't seem to want to stop. The pain demanded to be felt...

I closed to door to the guest room, collapsed on the bed, I cried. I cried until I could cry anymore. Then as Connor came into the room, I closed my eyes, calmed my breathing, and willed myself to not curl into his warmth.

"I don't know what's wrong, but I know you're upset. I want you to talk to me. I need you to talk to me. Trust me. We both have a fuck load of shit, but we can help each other. Let me in, Hanna. Please," he mutters. I feel a tear drip down my face.

At 4:30 in the morning my will power isn't exactly on full throttle, so I let myself roll over into Connors side he arms wrap around my body and I rest my head in his chest.

"I will, Connor. Please, just give me a little time. I just need time," I whisper back.

"Okay. If you need time, I'll give you time. I'll do everything I can to help you. I'm here, Hanna, just know that," he says.

"Thank you," I mumble, before pulling myself closer to him. All thoughts of his girlfriend are gone. All my troubles and worries and fears are gone. It's just me and Connor.

Slowly, I let sleep take me..

~~~~~

I woke up with the same warm feeling I've gotten used to next to waking up next to. I small smile formed on my lips before the events of last night came crashing down on my.

Connor has a girlfriend. They live together. He doesn't want me.

I shoot out of bed and out the door. Purposely slamming the door behind me. Loudly.

I walk into the kitchen and pour myself some coffee. It's only 8:47 AM and today is when I tell Connor and Ty everything that happened in the last nine months. It's going to be a long day.

Ty comes put of his room as I sip on my coffee.

"Hanna, what the hell is going on? I heard a door slam," he says, rubbing his eyes.

"Nothing," I mutter, "Everything is just peachy,"

"Pumpkin, what the hell?" Connor grumbles as he exits the guest room.