Chapter 1: Bus Stop

It's been nine months.

He left me nine months ago. It's been nine months too long for me to look for him.

Black boots to match my black eye and my leather jacket along with half a duffle bag full of clothes, are the only things I own at the moment.

It's sad, going from a McMansion to this. The governor's house was always roomy. Tyler liked it more than I did...

He's the reason I'm here, at this bus stop on a rainy Tuesday afternoon full of drug addicts and smelly hobos.

He's the reason I'm going to LA.

~~~~~~~~~

Twenty minutes later a bus comes going to Las Vegas.

At least it's not here, I think to myself. As the druggies and hobos load on after me, I see one guy that catches my eye. His blonde hair falls perfectly on his forehead and his green eyes are so full of color and life, I want to stare at the forever.

He makes eye contact with me and smirks. Dammit.

"Hey," he says lowering himself onto the seat.

"Hi..." I mumble in response. I'm not exactly a social butterfly.

"I'm Connor," he mumbles,

"Cool," I reply.

"Come on. Just tell me your name." He says, smirking at me. The smirk is becoming a problem.

"Hanna," I simple state.

"Wow, someone's a cheerful soul," he rebuttals.

"One, that doesn't even make since. Two, why are you talking to me? I'm not exactly a pleasant person to look at right now, and I'm being an extreme bitch," I spout.

"Well," he started, "the black eye is what caught my attention, other than that you'll be beautiful, and as for the bitch part, I like a challenge,"

"You want a challenge, a challenge you'll get," I mumble.

"You won't be that bad. I can see it in your eyes," he whispers, "You're just looking for a way to get out of town and I can help you."

"You don't know anything about me," I hiss, "And clearly I can handle myself."

"Yeah, clearly. Having a black eye is a sure sign of 'okay'," he replies.

"You should see the other guy," I say, matching his smirk.

"I'd hate to be him."

"Then maybe you should move a few seats over," I hiss, "Because you're on you're way."

"Pumpkin, I'm not going anywhere," he whispers.

Well, shit.