33. "Present time!"

A/N: I forgot to mention this in the last chapter, but the cover is now black and white.

( Previously:

(The 'previously' is in Johnny's POV.)

While driving home, I get an idea.

I didn't get to kiss her today, I might as well try tomorrow?

Her birthday's tomorrow, I can do it as a surprise?

Once I get home, I run up to my room.

I grab my phone from my phone and dial Hayden's number.

I've got some planning to do. )

*End of flashback*

MACKENZIE'S POV:

(Thursday Morning, at the Ziegler house.)

A light tap on my shoulder woke me up, I turn around to see my older sister, Maddie. "Happy birthday!" Maddie adds some jazz hands, making me cringe.

I groan, getting comfortable in my bed once again. "I just want to sleep."

Maddie placed her hands around my ankles, pulling me right down to the ground. I groan once more, standing up. "What time is it?"

"You slept through the whole school day. Your party is in 30 minutes." Maddie went over to my closet, picking up the dress bag Annie had brought over earlier. "You should get changed."

I nodded my head, as Maddie left my room.

I unzipped the dress bag, and gasped once I saw the dress.

It was a black strapless dress, that ended at about my mid-thighs.

I have to admit, it was very pretty. But it showed way too much skin. I yelled out Maddie's room, waiting for her to get into my room.

Once she did, I explained to her how I couldn't wear it. As always, she has a solution. She found a nice white jean jacket from my closet and handed it to me.

After putting on the dress and the jacket, I brushed my hair, throwing it into a high ponytail. I really didn't want to wear heels, so I put on a pair of new white converse.

I turned my hair towards the mirror. I looked pretty. The dress was casual, but not too casual. I brushed my teeth a few times, just in Johnny does anything...

Johnny.

He flirts with me every day. It's getting really confusing. I hope he isn't just playing with my feelings. He tried to kiss me yesterday. I didn't pull away, but Annie broke off the moment so we never got to kiss.

I was still looking in the mirror, until I noticed Maddie standing by the door. I sent her a smile and she talked. "The guests are downstairs. Come on, Kenz."

I looked down at my feet, taking a deep breath. I originally didn't want to have a birthday party. But having a room full of people that care about you on your birthday sounds fun.

I walked down the stairs, looking at the huge group of people sitting down on the couch.

I saw Kalani, Chloe, Jack, Dylan, Jayden, Nadia, Ruby, Hayden, and Annie. About 5 of Annie's friends were there, I forgot their names. Whoops. I also spotted Lauren. And most importantly... Johnny.

Dylan was the first to notice me and quickly embraced me in a hug. She led me to a spot on the couch. Johnny quickly got up from his seat and sat beside me.

I couldn't help but blush once his shoulder slightly brushed mine.

Nadia and Ruby immediately hugged me. We made small talk for a few minutes, until Annie stood up, from her seat, and spoke. "Kenzie, you better open your presents right now!"