24. "Brandon."

A/N: As promised, here's a short, sad chapter.

I don't usually do this, but... 

Chapter dedicated to Jenziefanss_123

She's so sweet and has been leaving nice comments, so thank you!

MACKENZIE'S POV:

( Previously: 

As Annie was almost done her whole discussion with Dylan, Maddie began running to me. "Kenzie! Kenzie!" Maddie shouted, grabbing the attention of basically the whole cafeteria.

Even Johnny was now looking at our table. "Yes?" I ask, tilting my head.

She stopped running and rested her hands on the table, trying to slow down her breathing. "I-It's Brandon."

I raise an eyebrow, telling her to go on.

"H-He's gone." )

*End of flashback*

I stand up from my chair, with a blank facial expression. "What do you mean 'he's gone'".

Maddie face-palms, muttering "I shouldn't have told you."

What happened to Brandon? Was he hurt?! I swear to god if something happened to him... I'll cry for ages. 

I grab her shoulder, sighing. "It's too late now. Tell me."

Maddie takes another breath, shutting her eyes. "Brandon is missing."

Numbness. That's all I felt. I was about to fall to the floor, but someone caught me before I could.  I look behind me, to see Johnny holding my arms. "Kenzie!" He shouted.

I blinked a few times, taking in my surroundings. The whole cafeteria was staring at me. "W-What?" I stutter, still looking around. 

"Are you okay?" He asks, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Brandon." As soon as those words escaped my mouth, Johnny was pulling me into a tight hug.

It lasted forever. I would've pulled away, but it was too gentle. I just waited for a moment longer.

I knew Annie, Dylan and even Lauren would come over and comfort me too, but they're too much of Jenzie fans to stop the hug. 

Brandon was my first boyfriend. My firs--second love. To know that he's missing hurt. As I promised myself, I would cry. I needed to cry. I didn't deserve to be happy while he's probably being tortured.

I pulled out of the hug, pushing him away. Johnny stumbled a bit, shock filled his eyes. 

Yeah. I pulled away. Get over it.

He shot me a confused look, while I just walked out of the cafeteria.

No one dared move. They just looked at me, like if they moved a centimeter (I live in Canada (an hour away from the Orlando's AH), we don't use inches), I would break.

Maddie quickly followed behind me, holding my hand. I threw her a smile. I was numb, I wasn't sad. Maybe the sadness will kick in after the numbness is gone.

"We're leaving," I state, looking over my shoulder to make sure she approved. 

Even if she didn't, I would go home without her permission. She just simply nodded.

We got to the office soon, addressing that we were leaving. The secretary let us go. We walked home in silence, Maddie didn't want to say anything that would upset me.

 Once we got home, I ran up to my room and shut the door, locking it. I jumped onto my bed.

And finally, I cried.

I was wrong, I was sad and numb. I managed to be both at the same time.

Brandon was my everything, once. His smile always made my day. (Gag. I'm not going to get into detail with the Brenzie relationship, just ew no).

I shoved my face into my pillow, crying for hours. 

Maddie called me, announcing it was time for dinner. I just didn't answer her. I didn't have a right to answer. Maybe Brandon is being beaten to death and I'm just... eating.

I, once again, slept in my clothes. My face never left the pillow.

A/N: I'll also be posting tomorrow bc I feel bad. I don't want to keep you guys waiting.

Vote and comment please! Bye :)

-646 Words.