13. "What the--"

A/N: I'm still on my trip, but I've surprisingly managed to make time for writing. I might make a new story, only bc I've had some idea's for a while now. So I'm doing it. Maybe. lmao.

If I do end up making a new story, I'll be posting on here every other day, rather than every day.

MACKENZIE'S POV:

(Monday Morning

Annie and I walked to school together again. And this time, she didn't talk about Hayden as much.

I was wearing this really lazy outfit. Like I've said before, there's no one to impress. The shirt was Maddie's, it looked a little small on me, I didn't mind.

After English class, Annie and I walked to the junkyard, behind the school

"I might throw a party, if you're up for it," Annie threw me a grin.

She already knew my answer, I decided to give her it anyway, "No way."

"Please?"

"I said no," I replied with a disapproving look.

She rolled her eyes at me. We sat down on the huge garbage cans, trying to block the revolting smells coming from them.

We heard sounds coming from the left side of the junkyard. All I could hear was screaming and groaning. "Let's check it out!" Annie clapped. 

She ran over to the other side of the junkyard. I wasn't in the mood for investigating, but I followed her anyways.

Annie was far ahead of me, I couldn't see anything, considering there were garbage bins blocking my view.

I heard Annie gasp. Once she did, I started running even faster, trying to see if my best friend is okay.

Once I arrived, I saw the last thing I expected to see.

Johnny and Hayden.

Johnny was pushed against an old car, with Hayden grabbing his shirt, shouting.

I couldn't make out what Hayden was saying, because the sight was too shocking.

There was blood everywhere. I'm assuming it's all Johnny's blood, considering Johnny was basically red at this point.

Hayden beat the hell out of Johnny, but Johnny didn't bother to fight back. 

I was frozen. I couldn't move. I knew I needed to do something, I just couldn't figure out what. 

The obvious thing to do was to break up the fight, but Hayden was the school's jock. There's no way I could even make a dent on Hayden.

I was further away from them than Annie was. Wait, ANNIE!

I looked over, to my right, seeing Annie's shocked expression.