1. My attempt.

It's my first chapter. And the beginning is really boring and cringy. It gets better though, I promise. I hope you enjoy!

MACKENZIE ZIEGLER:

(At the bottom of the school stairs).

"No! we've already established that you're doing it!" Annie yells while laughing.

"But what if he doesn't like me?" I ask, staring at the floor.

"Then you'll get over it, you're Mackenzie! What's not to like?" Annie says while I take out a piece of paper and crumble it up.

If you don't know what I'm talking about: Maddie is forcing me to get closer to the Orlando's, so I'm doing that, by asking my crush out. 

If you're confused, let me catch you up. I was best friends with Lauren and Johnny, up until I was 10. I'm 14 now. I've always had a crush on Johnny, but he's Laurens brother.

FLASHBACK:

(4 years ago).

I was seated on the school's bench, all by myself.

Lauren said she'd meet me here, but I don't know where she is.

I looked up from my lunch bag, noticing Lauren storming into the room with smoke coming out of her ears. Why was she so angry?

She came running towards me, as I was still confused. Once she reached me, she screamed "How could you do that, you're such a fake! I thought we were friends!"

I blinked a few times, still confused. "What?"

She angrily chuckled, rolling her eyes in the process. "Don't pretend like you don't know! I hate you! Never talk to me again!"

Without another word said, she walked away.

I was left there, completely oblivious as to what I did.

*End of flashback*

Well, there you have it, that was our 'big fight'.

She got mad at me for nothing. Literally nothing. Johnny has ignored me the past 4 years too. 

For the first year, I tried talking to them. But they wouldn't budge. They completely ignored me and pretended like I never existed.

  Lauren is the typical popular mean girl! I'm just that one girl no one knows. I often get bullied by Lauren and her little posse. 

Johnny is known to be a bad boy, he's also kind of a player. He got held back a grade because he was failing almost everything (so we're in most of the same classes).

   I guess that's it. Now, let's get back to reality.

"Do it!" Annie laughs, "Or I'll tell him myself!"

"Fine! I'll do it!" I was actually going to do it!

  The bell rings, just in time. I walk up the stairs, planning what I'm going to say, still holding the crumbled up ball in my hand.

Annie and I sit next to each other, our teacher is usually late, so it was the perfect time to ask Johnny out! Annie whispers to me, " Do it, now."

I nod my head and slowly walk to the other side of the room, where Johnny was. He was wearing this pink jumper and ripped black jeans. I stare down at my clothes and see a nice t-shirt and a black cardigan (with a nice pair of jeans). I take a deep breath and squeezed the crumpled up ball. "Here goes nothing," I tell myself.

  I walk up to Johnny and see him talking to his friend, Hayden (Annies crush). Hayden notices me behind Johnny and mutters "Johnny, look behind you".

  Johnny looks back and stares me up and down, with literally no expression on his face. I squeeze onto the crumbled up piece of paper even harder than I already was. I awkwardly say "Can I talk to you, please?"

I can see Hayden looking at Annie, from the corner of my eye.

"Sure," Johnny replies back. We both go out, into the hall.

I was now squeezing the hell out of that poor piece of paper. "Yes?" Johnny asks.

"I wa-was thinking that ma-maybe..." I can't believe myself! I need to just say it!

  Johnny was now looking at me with a confused look. Come on Kenz, you can do this! "I like you!" I blurt out, instantly regretting it.

  I look up and see Johnny laughing. He was laughing! His laugh was like a knife in my ears. Even the paper ball felt bad for me. I just want to crawl into a hole and die in it! I could feel tears dripping from my eyes, I couldn't believe him! "Are you just going to stand there and laugh?" I cry out.

"What, you're serious?!" Johnny thinks its a joke?!

  I was so mad! I threw the paper ball at his face and ran away, I didn't know where I'd go but I kept running. I soon saw the girls bathroom and quickly entered it. I locked the stall, sat next to the door, and cried. I cried for, what seemed like, hours.

Annie comes in after a while and screams out my name, "Kenzie!"

"What?" I cry.

  A few seconds later, she crawls her way into my stall and sits beside me. "What happened, Kenz?" she asks, with concern in her voice.

"He-he didn't even say anything, he just started la-laughing!"

"Kenz, come here!" Annie gives me a long, soft hug.

"You don't need him, you've got me."

"You're right, thanks Annie," I say with a thankful sounding voice, "I saw Hayden checking you out, too!"

"Really?!" Annie screams, with excitement.

"Yup. You should ask him out if you really want."

"Enough about me, let's skip! We can go to your house and watch Netflix. I paid Maddie to buy us $100 worth of ice cream, let's go!"

I laugh. I'm actually really thankful to have a friend like Annie, she's always there for me.

--- (At the Ziegler house)

"Riverdale or Stranger things?" Annie asks me.

"I'm Cole Sprouse all the way! Let's do this" we both laugh.

"By the way, I don't suggest going on Instagram," Annie adds.

"I know, death threats and all. God, I finally get the courage to ask Johnny out and the only thing society can do is make fun of me." I reply.

Maddie comes in quickly and gives me a hug. "I'll rip him apart for hurting you."

We all laugh, "You're not serious, are you?" Annie and I ask.

"No! Of course not!" We continue laughing.

"I'll see you guys later." Maddie begins, "Bye!"

"Bye!" We both waved to her.

  Annie tried to keep me. busy, so I wouldn't think too much about what happened, BUT I COULDN'T HELP IT! I mean, he is a player, but I DON'T CARE.

 I just want to feel him in my arms, to know that someone I like, likes me back. But of course, the universe hates me! If Annie and Maddie didn't make me ask out Johnny, maybe I wouldn't be so heartbroken. 

Maybe if I was a better person, he wouldn't laugh at the idea of me liking him. What am I saying? I can't blame myself or anyone that loves me and wanted me to be happy. I could blame society. But I forgive society, even though it can be mean, it gives back.

And I'll gladly wait, wait for it to give back. After all, I have my whole life ahead of me.

Sorry for the boring first chapter guys. It's my first chapter on Wattpad, so plz don't judge! Even though I've got the storyline planned out, comment any suggestions/tips and PLEASE vote for this story. See Y'all in the next chapter, hopefully.

EDIT- I'm now looking back at the first chapter, only realizing how bad it is. I promise it gets better!

-1266 words :)