32. "Because I love her."

A/N: Idk what to say, just read the A/N at the bottom and enjoy the chapter :)

JOHNNY'S POV:

( Previously:

"How about we go to the movies, this... Sunday?" Loren suggested.

I nodded my head, accepting her offer. She smiled, again. "It's a date," she flirts.

I repeat her words, "it's a date." )

*End of flashback*

(Wednesday, afterschool).

I knocked on the door 3 times. I was standing right in front of the Ziegler house, waiting for someone to open up.

After school was over, I dropped over Lauren at our house and drove off to Kenzie's.

I heard the door unlock, then it swung open.

I was left face-to-face with Maddie.

She was giving me a wicked glare, and I just awkwardly stood there, waiting for her to say something.

"What do you want," Maddie spits out. 

I gulp. I lost my train of thought for a few seconds, but regained it and replied. "I'm here to see Kenzie."

Maddie scoffed, "well, it's about time. How long has it been? A week? Maybe less?"

"I was busy," I lied.

"Busy my butt," Maddie chuckled.

I cleared my throat, attempting to get rid of all of this awkward tension. "Can I see Kenzie?"

Maddie rolled her eyes. "Now, tell me. Why should I let you go see her? Why should I trust you? All you do is break her heart."

"Maddie," I began, putting my serious face on. "Can you just let me in?"

Maddie crossed her arms, giving me yet another glare. "I'd be fine with letting you in. Just give me one good reason to."

"Maddie-"

She cuts me off. "-You've changed. You'll break her heart. Do you even know how many times Kenzie has cried the past month? You did that to her. You're a horrible person."

I rolled my eyes, scoffing. I knew Maddie was right, but I'm not letting her know that. Maddie and I were pretty close. Not as close as Kenzie and I were, but still pretty close. She despises me now.

"Don't give me that attitude!" Maddie yelled. There was practically smoke coming out of her ears. "All I'm asking for is one reason. Give me one good reason as to why you should see her, and I'll let you in."

I sighed. There's only one good reason I could think of that would be good enough for Maddie to let me in. 

Well, here goes nothing.

"Because I love her," I muttered, shutting my eyes.

I opened them a few seconds later. Maddie was standing there, in pure shock. Her eyes were wide open and her arms were no longer crossed. She zoned back into reality, stuttering her next few words, "c-come in." She stands at the edge of the door, waiting for me to enter.

Once I do, I send Maddie a smile and make my way upstairs.

There stood Kenzie's door. It was completely white. No writing or signs. Nothing. There used to be a black sign reading 'Kenzie'. But I guess she took it down.

I took a deep breath, knocking on her door.

"It's open, Annie. You can put the dress in the closet," Kenzie mutters.