26. "I said to not lie to me."

A/N: Can I just say... I love that quote up there. The picture is so AHHH! I just like it, okay?

It's 7:00 AM rn. I legit woke up 2 minutes ago. Enjoy the chapter!

MACKENZIE'S POV:

( Previously:

Annie never actually told me where we were going. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Once we finally arrived, Annie yelled out, "we're here!"

I glanced up from my phone, groaning once I saw where we were.

We were at Lazer-Mania (Idk that's what it's called here in Canada, but it's Laser Tag).

"Laser tag?" I cried.

This is going to be a long night. )

*End of flashback*

Annie chuckled, "Hayden chose to go to Lazer Mania-"

I broke in, "-for a date?" I raised an eyebrow at Hayden. "Really, Hayden? That's low, even for you."

Johnny was attempting not to laugh, behind me. I shot him a look. "Why are you- of all people- laughing? When it comes to low, you're the lowest there is."

Annie and Hayden gave each other a look, meaning 'are they really going to fight in the car?'

Johnny tilted his head, unbuckled his seat and got up, sitting on the chair beside me. He looked up, at Hayden and Annie. "Can we talk? Alone?"

Why does he want to talk to me? Well, here comes another long awkward conversation. I love having those. Note the sarcasm.

Hayden smirked. "Of course."

"But if you two come back with messed up hair, I'll murder both of you," Annie warned.

I blurted out an "ew." I probably looked constipated while doing that. But who cares, right?

Johnny chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Nothing like that is going to happen. I'm just asking for a few minutes."

Annie nodded, laughing. Both Annie and Hayden got out of the car, leaving Johnny and I in here.

Once they shut the doors, Johnny faced me. "Are you mad at me? I thought we ended things on good terms. What happened?"

I gave him a glare, sighing. "Nothing happened. We're good."

Johnny groaned, "don't lie to me, Kenzie. What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong," I lied. I didn't want to tell him that I was mad, just because he didn't visit me. I'll just sound desperate. Like I'm desperate for his attention. I think I'm overreacting over this whole thing. He didn't visit me. That's it. But there's got to be more to the story.

Johnny grabbed my hands, and tilted my head up, to meet his eyes. "I said to not lie to me."

His green eyes are so gorgeous. I was probably drooling over them. But I wouldn't know if I was, or if I wasn't, because I was too caught up in those sets of green perfection, I wasn't paying attention to anything else.

"Um, Kenzie? Kenzie!" Johnny waved his hands around my face. I flinched and zoned back into reality. "S-Sorry."

He let go of my hands, looking away from me. "Is this about Brandon?" He starts.

I nod my head, lying. I wasn't completely lying. It was partly about Brandon, but it was mainly because he never visited me during my 'break'.