𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Au Revoir - Chapter Twenty-Three

THE FIRST TASK OF THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT WAS drawing nearer and Charlotte was getting antsy

THE FIRST TASK OF THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT WAS drawing nearer and Charlotte was getting antsy. She had been helping Cedric on figuring out the first task, but both of them had no clue on where to start. They both had their noses stuck on books with information on the previous tournaments dating back to a century ago.

"Maybe you'll go through a group of sirens?" Charlotte suggested.

"I doubt that – sirens are too dangerous,"

"You know what else is dangerous? Making kids compete to the death to get a thousand priced galleons,"

In the end, they both find nothing and somehow find themselves in the kitchens eating a snack.

An article on the Daily Prophet appeared ten days ago and to Charlotte's surprise ( sarcasm ) Harry was on the front page of the Prophet. From what Cedric told her, it was supposed to be an article about all of the champions. It had been all about Harry with the names of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang champions squashed into the last line of the whole article. What's worse about the piece is that Cedric hadn't been mentioned at all – and that made every house except Gryffindor to turn against Harry.

And of course, the article was obviously written by Rita Skeeter. For starters, Rita Skeeter was infamous for writing articles with false information – she likes dramatizing stories to spark some drama in the Wizarding world.

'I suppose I get my strength from my parents. I know they'd be very proud of me if they could see me now. . . Yes, sometimes at night I still cry about them, I'm not ashamed to admit it. . . I know nothing will hurt me during the tournament, because they're watching over me... ' is not a very Harry Potter thing to say, doesn't it? He despised being pitied and using the deaths of his parents for attention. That was not in Harry's nature and Charlotte knew that.

Though, she admits, in certain circumstances, Charlotte would've believed Rita's lies about Harry. However, after her talk with Cedric, she started doubting her actions towards Harry. But Charlotte would be damned if she admitted to being wrong.

Nevertheless, she misses Harry. She misses telling off Ron when he was being an idiotic git and the constant bickering of Hermione and Ron with Charlotte and Harry watching in amusement. She especially misses the constant lectures from Hermione for her vulgar choices of words.

Rita Skeeter had gone even further and interviewed other people about Harry too.

'Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of one Hermione Granger, a stunningly pretty Muggle-born girl who, like Harry, is one of the top students in the school.'

There's only one thing she got right in that part – Hermione is very pretty and is one of the top students in school though she wouldn't admit it.