𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Au Revoir - Prologue

EVERYTHING WAS A BLUR. Phosphenes covered Charlotte's sight, taking a while for her eyes to adjust to her surroundings. With the light of the moon, she was able to make out the outline of the room. Her eyes followed the curves of the mirror that reflected the translucent moon by the white fabric of the curtain. Charlotte felt the light breeze of the ocean air from outside the windows brush her exposed skin, sending shivers running down her spine.

Loud thumping feet of a thousand men thundered with yells of distraught and clattering of footsteps rang from outside the room Charlotte was stationed at – and it scared her greatly.

She pushed off the warm fabric that covered her body and quickly got to her feet.

She made her way to the balcony, peering over the translucent curtains and hiding behind the shadows to keep herself from being seen by any of the men from outside.

And what she saw terrified her.

An army of men in silver armor was marching towards the castle – clashes of metals and battle cries could be heard from all directions. Charlotte could distinctively see the silhouette of a type of machinery rolling towards her.

She squinted her eyes to make out the devis —

Charlotte gasped, edging away from the curtains slowly.

Catapults.

They were under attack.

"GET THE QUEEN TO SAFETY!" Yelled a gruff voice from outside the room.

Charlotte looked around frantically, trying to locate the door in the darkness. She quickly made her way towards the dresser near the bed and snatched her wand.

The door suddenly swung open – a faun with a red scarf hung on his neck.

"Your majesty! We have to go at once!"

Charlotte made no questions and quickly followed the faun who tugged her hand out of the room.

She ran through a corridor, passing astonishing creatures who looked distressed.

Charlotte was confused.

There were beavers and bears in armor and other creatures that baffled Charlotte.

She has seen a centaur and other creatures like dragons in the wizarding world – but never has she seen a talking badger before.

What the bloody hell is going on?

"This way!" yelled the faun, leading her through the many passageways, passing a badger who was screaming in terror.

BOOM!

The pair of them stopped abruptly as the wall next to them exploded.

Charlotte accidentally inhaled the dust and coughed, trying to regain her breathing. There were cuts that littered her exposed skin and were gushing blood.

"Your highness!"

She coughed out more dust, "I'm alright - we have to keep going," she croaked, unable to speak because of the dust she inhaled. Though hesitant, the faun nodded and helped the blonde up to her feet, making sure she didn't sustain any bad injuries. Charlotte clutched her wand harder and the two made their way towards a wooden door. Adrenaline rushed through her veins, and Charlotte could hear her own heart pounding through her ears. The faun kicked the wooden door with his hooves, immediately breaking it.

"Come on!"

Charlotte had no idea what was happening, and she was afraid. A minute ago she was peacefully sleeping in the warmth of her bed and now she was in the middle of an attack of some sort.

The two made their way out and what greeted her was a terrible sight.

There was fire everywhere she looked, and creatures were running everywhere screaming bloody murder as the men in armor slashed them in the chest, showing no mercy as they begged for their lives to be spared. Clashing of metal could be heard from all directions, gigantic balls of stone were being thrown at the castle that she came out of.

"Your highness! We really have to go!" yelled the faun, tugging on her hand, fear evident in his eyes as the fire reflected his glassy eyes.

She followed the faun into the woods, her hair and her dress flowing behind her as she picked up her pace. Charlotte tried to avoid tripping on the roots - but fails as she accidentally stepped on her dress, letting go of the faun's hand to catch herself. The faun looks back at Charlotte as he goes back to help her to her feet to run from the chaos.

"Over there!"

Both Charlotte and the faun looked back to see men in armor trying to chase them. She pointed her wand at the men, "PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!" she yelled.

Most of the men got their bodies bounded by an invisible tether that kept them from moving, but there were some that weren't hit by the spell and continued to chase them.

"FUMOS!" Charlotte yelled, making clouds of smoke appear from the tip of her wand, creating a distraction for them to escape.

The faun suddenly stopped, dropping her hand.

Charlotte halts, turning her body towards the red scarfed faun who was about three feet away from her. The men were still gaining on them, and the fog was almost gone.

"What are you doing?!" she yelled, her heart was beating fast with adrenaline rushing through her veins.

The faun turned to Charlotte, smiling sadly as she met his glassy eyes, "It was a pleasure serving you, my Queen."

Charlotte's eyes widened, she knew where this was going.

With one last smile, the faun took off in the direction of the soldiers following them, "FOR NARNIA!"

"NO!" She screams as she watched him disappear into the clouds of smoke.

The smoke covered her eyesight, and the sounds of the battle were becoming distant. Charlotte faintly hears a cry of pain and a loud slash of metal.

The faun was dead.

Charlotte felt herself screaming, but no sound came out of her mouth.

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏.