𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Au Revoir - Chapter Eight

CHARLOTTE REMEMBERED ATTENDING THE 421st EDITION of the Quidditch World Cup in 1990

CHARLOTTE REMEMBERED ATTENDING THE 421st EDITION of the Quidditch World Cup in 1990. It had been an early birthday gift from her father. The match went on for five whole days, that Charlotte accidentally fell asleep just as Hector Lamont of the Scotland national team caught the snitch. That was her first time attending the Quidditch World Cup.

Everyone screamed and clapped, green and red covered the whole stadium faintly reminding Charlotte of Christmas. The huge blackboard that was facing them showed BULGARIA: 0, IRELAND: 0.

"And now, without further ado, allow me to introduce...the Bulgarian National Team Mascots!"

Charlotte leaned forward in her seat, wanting to see the Mascots.

"I wonder what they've brought," said Mr. Weasley, leaning forward. "Aaah!" He wipes his glasses and put them hurriedly on his robes. "Veela!"

The veelas glided out onto the field. Their hair looked silver under the golden light shining down in the fields. The walked with elegance, no doubt they were the most beautiful in the eyes of men.

"What are veel -?"

The music suddenly started and the veelas performed their dance routine. Their movements followed the rhythm of the music, swaying and moving their arms in the most graceful way Charlotte has ever seen.

She glances at Harry and Ron whose eyes became glazed. Their jaws were parted with drool pouring out of Ron's mouth. Charlotte scowled, sharing an annoyed glance with Hermione who had the same expression on her face as hers.

Charlotte looked around her, Bill was more composed, but was still pink in the cheeks as well as Charlie and Percy. The Weasley twins were as red as their hair. Malfoy's mouth was agape; his eyes were as glazed as all the males in the Top Box.

Charlotte huffed and crossed her arms and continued to watch the veela.

Harry stood up with a dreamy look on his face, and ran towards the edge, peering over the fields to watch the dancing veelas. Ron followed in suit and so does Malfoy at the other side of them.

They danced faster and faster, the tempo took its pace. All of the males suddenly stood up from their seats, walking towards the edge of the box.

Harry suddenly had one of his leg over the railings, looking as if he wanted to jump out.

"Harry, what the bloody hell are you doing!" Charlotte exclaimed, jumping up on her feet to pull the boy back before he decided to kill himself.

Before Charlotte could do anything, the music stopped. The males who were in the Top Box with them snapped out of their daze, frozen.

All of the males in the stadium yelled in protest as the veelas stopped. Ron and Harry were also yelling in protest.

"Stupid boys," Charlotte muttered under her breath, feeling annoyance build up her stomach.