𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Au Revoir - Chapter Five

THE GROUP HAD ARRIVED ON A DESERTED STRETCH of misty moor and in front of them was a pair of tired and grouchy wizards who wanted nothing but a wink of sleep

Both looked like they were trying to impersonate muggles, Charlotte thought they looked rather odd. One man wore a suit with thigh-length rain boots; the other wore a kilt and a poncho.

Well, at least they tried, didn't they?

"Morning, Basil," said Mr. Weasley, handing the boot and handing it to the poncho wearing wizard, who threw it into a large box of used Portkeys beside him; there were old newspapers, cans of empty drinks and a punctured football.

"Hello there, Arthur," said Basil, looking as if he hadn't got a night's sleep. "Not on duty, eh? It's all right for some... We've been here all night... You'd better get out of the way, we've got a big party coming in from the Black Forest at five fifteen. Hang on, I'll find your campsite... Weasley... Weasley... " He looked at his parchment list. "About a quarter of a mile's walk over there, first field you come to. Site manager's called Mr. Roberts. "Diggory... second field - ask for Mr. Payne."

"Thanks, Basil," said Mr. Weasley, and he beckoned the group to follow.

They set off across the deserted moor. It was hard as it was misty, they almost didn't make it out. A small stone cottage came to view. Charlotte saw thousands of tents beyond. Charlotte smiled sadly, remembering the first time her father brought her to one of the World Cups.

"It's a shame my dad and I couldn't go together this year," she says to Hermione who was right beside her.

The girl sent Charlotte a comforting smile, "It's alright," she started, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Maybe you'll go together to the next one?"

Charlotte snorted, "Let's just hope I'm still alive to see the next World Cup." She says jokingly.

Hermione gave her a grimed look and slapped her upper arm, "Not funny, Charlie!"

Charlotte gave her a grin and continued to walk with the group.

They said goodbye to Amos and Cedric, "See you lot later at the match!" Yelled Amos.

Charlotte sent a warm smile towards Cedric and waved her small hand at him.

Cedric felt his stomach lurch and butterflies swarmed around his stomach at the sight of the blondes charming smile.

Nevertheless, he smiled back at her and watched as the Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, and Charlotte continued their journey to find the Weasleys tent. 

The Weasleys, Hermione, Harry, and Charlotte approached a cottage door.

A muggle man was standing in the doorway, looking out at the tents. The muggle turned to look at them as he heard their footsteps.