𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Au Revoir - Chapter Six

CHARLOTTE, HARRY, HERMIONE, AND RON HAD SET OFF across the field with the kettles and pans

CHARLOTTE, HARRY, HERMIONE, AND RON HAD SET OFF across the field with the kettles and pans. The sun was finally up and shining. The group of four made their way through rows of tents that surrounded the fields.

Campers started to wake up, emerging from their tents. A mother, came out of the tent frantic towards a baby boy – Charlotte assumed was her son – who was poking a slug with a wand.

"How many times, Kevin? You don't – touch – Daddy's – wand – yecchh!"

Charlotte chuckled lightly, shaking her head.

"You bust slug! You bust slug!"

Two little girls, who looked younger than Kevin, passed Charlotte giggling merrily while riding toy broomsticks that hovered a few inches above the dewy grass.

A Ministry wizard hurriedly passed the four of them; he muttered distractedly, "In broad daylight! Parents having a lie-in, I suppose –"

Wizards and witches were cooking breakfast, the others were trying to light a fire with their matches, there were wizards that conjured fires with their wands, giving up on striking matches.

Charlotte saw a group of American witches who talked happily under a stretched banner on their tents that read: The Salem Witches' Institute.

"Salem Witches' Institute? The witches' organization in America?" asked Hermione.

Charlotte nodded, having read about it in one of the books her father owns. "It's located where the Salem Witch Trials were held," she shivered, "My great, great, great, great, great – a hundred times great! –" She emphasized,"– Step-grandmother was the first witch to be hanged in the Salem Witch Trials,"

Harry, Ron, and Hermione stopped abruptly, giving Charlotte a look of surprise.

Charlotte was a really, really curious soul– they knew that ever since she accidentally came across a secret passage to Honeydukes even before they came to know the Marauders Map. Or how she came across the Chamber of Secrets during their second year- apparently she heard a familiar voice calling for her and followed it without thinking of the consequences.

She often finds the most ridiculous facts about small things; like how Pumpkin Pasties were mini grenades– which they thought was absurd by the sound of it.

Charlotte's curiosity was something her friends always worried about; she always finds herself in the knack for trouble. And being friends with Harry Potter brings double trouble for the four friends.

Classic, Charlie Andrews.

"Blimey, how'd you came to know that?" asked Ron, bewildered.

She shrugged, "Well, dad went to Greece last month for another one of his – "Charlotte pulled out two fingers imitating a quotation mark. "–so-called 'investigations'" she smiles mysteriously.