𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Au Revoir - Chapter Nineteen

WHEN CHARLOTTE WAS A FIRST-YEAR, SHE WOULD SNEAK into the Restricted Section of the school library to read a book about the Dark Arts.

No, Charlotte was not interested in the Dark Arts – she was interested in what kind of pull it had to make ordinary people like Gellert Grindelwald turn to evil.

Charlotte wanted to know what made Dark Magic appealing.

After being kicked out of the library twice by Madame Pince, and countless detentions with Professor McGonagall – Charlotte was finally able to sneak in the Restricted Section with the help of Harry's invisibility cloak – that she may or may have not stolen from the boy's dormitories while they were asleep.

As Charlotte got to the Restricted Section of the library, she quickly whipped out her wand – and with a few tries, she finally succeeded in lighting up her wand. (This almost made Charlotte yell out a loud 'YES!', for it was her first time doing the spell. They were supposed to learn them by the third term in D.A.D.A.)

She took off Harry's invisibility cloak and started roaming around the section.

There were a lot of different books, Secrets of the Dark Arts, Moste Potente Potions, Famous Fire-Eaters, and a whole other lot of them.

Charlotte was about to take Magick Moste Evile, from the shelf when a particular book caught her eye.

The book didn't look out of the ordinary like the others. It was simply, a normal book. The only difference was it had no title.

Charlotte hesitantly plucked it out of the shelf, and slowly opened it.

It seemed to have some kind of spell on it, as words started to appear at her touch.

"The Land of Charn," she whispered, tracing the words.

As she did, she felt a shiver run down her skin.

She turned around for any signs of Filch of Mrs. Norris, before turning the page.

It talked of another World, just like Earth – a land named Charn based on the title.

It said that the sun was old, red, and far larger than the Earth's sun. The skies were a certain shade of blue that looked to be nearly black. A single bright, celestial object that hung left to the sun that may have been a distant moon, planet, or another star.

The air of the world was apparently thin and cold, and there was no water visible since the river of the city of Charn had all dried up, no plants or animals remained alive. The said world had once supported a vast civilization of humanoids of an unknown species that had an average height of seven feet tall and believed to have giantish heritage, though they were much smaller than true giants. And some of them had magical blood in them, but they were mostly from the royal bloodline of the said land.