~21~

Layla POV:

'Mom!' I hear my son Daniel yell and the front door of the packhouse bursts open. The smell of blood fills the pack and I smell some pack member coming back together with Daniel and Mike.. There is a strange smell with them and I run off the stairs to see Charlie laying into Mike his arms and I freeze. "oh no.' I mumble. She is laying limply in Mike his arms and has a shirt on covering the cuts that are bleeding heavily. 'You found her.' I say and we walk towards the hospital wing of the Packhouse. 'Lay her on this bed.' I say putting on my doctors' coat and some hand gloves. 'She has lost a lot of blood.' Daniel mumbles and I nod. When Charlie and Mike were just born I was best friends with their mother Bella.  I promised her at her last breath that I would always protect her children and always would care for them if they needed it.

'You boys need to go clean up. I will take care of Charlie.' I say with a small smile and the two boys growl at me angrily. 'Don't growl at me.' I scowl and they growl again. I walk towards them taking one of their ears in my hand and I drag them towards the door throwing them out of the room. 'Au.' They groan and I let them go closing the door behind them. I walk towards Charlie and I slowly pull up her T-shirt staring with shock at the big wounds covering her body. The skin between her legs is bruised to and I gasp. 'Oh, I am so sorry Charlie.' I mumble defeated and I slowly clean up her wounds. Some trails of Silver still is on her back and I clean that to not wanting it to burn her even more than it already has done.

'Did James... Rape Charlie?' I mumble through the mind link and I hear Daniel sigh. 'Yes.' He says with a small growl and I shake my head. I didn't know James could do something that gruesome to his own mate. I stitch up the wound hoping it will heal soon enough so Charlie doesn't have to live into that much pain anymore. Nobody should go through those things she has been through. It is kind of a deja vu Since her mother has been tortured too before she came to this pack. I put on some underwears on her before dressing her into a hospital gown. I push an IV into her arms so that she gets more blood into her system. I open the door and I see Daniel and Mike sitting against the wall sleeping.

I shake them awake and they stand up groaning slightly. 'Go sleep in your room boys. I will run some tests tomorrow on Charlie to check if the rape has done more damage to her.' I say and Mike nods before walking away. Daniel sighs deeply and I develop him into a hug. 'He is a monster.' He mumbles sniffling slightly and I nod slowly. 'I hope the moon Goddes has better plans for her...' I say and he pulls back from the hug. 'Thanks, mom.' He says and I smile at him. 'It is no problem, Daniel. You know I love Charlie as my own child and I will always take care of you children.' I say and he nods before walking away. I know Daniel has liked Charlie since they were children and I can't blame him. Charlie is an amazing girl who deserves the world, but Daniel has his own story to follow.

----

Walking into the room I stare at Charlie who still has a pale face just like yesterday as she lies in the bed. 'Oh Charlie you deserve a better life.' I mumble and I look at her face that remains unmoved. 'Hey.' Says Mike walking into the room with bags under his eyes. I look at him worriedly and I sigh deeply. 'Come.' I say opening my arms and he walks right into it hugging me. After a couple of minutes we sit down at the table near Charlie her bed and I look at mike who stares back at me. 'And?' I say and he sighs deeply. 'I followed James like we've already told you and I got inside by killing two guards at the only entrance. The strange thing was... A man came walking up to me and later I discovered together with Daniel that that man was James his brother.' He says and I frown.  'He was called... Noah... He did terrible things to Charlie and pushed James to do more awful things to her.' He says and I take his shaking hands into mine. 'You did your best Mike.' I say and he sighs before nodding.

Mike looks at Charlie and Suddenly a small moan comes from the bed. 'Charlie?!' I hear Mike say and before I know it he stands at her bed taking her hand in his. Oh no, he shouldn't do that. 'Mike don't...' I try to say but Charlie opens her eyes screaming at the boy that stands before her staring at her. She jumps out of the bed and runs into the corner letting all the tubes attached to her fall to the ground. Charlie looks scared at us and I frown. 'Bella.' I mumble and Mike stares at me confused. "Your mother had the same look when she came here.' I say and he nods. 'Mike get out of this room... I will care for Charlie.' I say and he nods before walking out of the room. I squat down a couple of meters before Charlie and she looks at me scared. 'Do you know who you are?' I ask and she nods with sadness in her eyes. 'It is all going to be alright Charlie. Nobody is going to harm you.' I say and she stares at me. 'It's alright. It's me, Layla.' I mumble and before I know it she runs into my arms crying into my shoulder.