Chapter 10

Cole was a little freaked out that there was a purple dragon sitting in front of him and the others.
"Uh guys, you see the dragon to right?" asked Cole.
The others nodded in shock.
"I am so confused!" yelled Jay.
"She shape shifted you idiot," said Kai.
"She's going to carry him home." stated Zane. The dragon nodded. Kai and Zane lifted Lloyd onto Serene's back and set him down gently.
"Fly slow and behind us," said Cole.
Serene slowly took off and followed them back to the Ninja Academy.

ONE HOUR LATER

Sensie Wu had been tending to Lloyd's burn since the ninja had arrived back to school. Nya took over Lloyd's class, while the boys went back to theirs.
Lloyd moaned as his uncle placed a wet cloth on his side.
"Uncle?"
"Your awake. How do you feel?" he asked.
"My side still feels like it's on fire." complained Lloyd.
Sensie turned towards the door to see Serene carrying a tray of tea in. "I thought maybe you both would like some tea."
Sensie Wu nodded. "Serene, would you watch over Lloyd while I go get a fresh cloth."
"Sure, Sensie."
She set the tea tray down on the table and began to pour Lloyd some tea, as Sensie Wu left the room.
Serene picked up the cup and handed it to him. "Here," she smiled.
"Thank you, Serene."
"No problem." she paused for a moment, as Lloyd took a sip of his tea. "Lloyd, can I ask you something?"
"Sure, what is it?"
"Why did you push me out of the way? Why did you risk getting hurt?" she asked.
Lloyd sat up and hesitated for a moment. He placed his hand on her cheek. "Because I love you."
He leaned in a kissed her. Serene began to blush madly.
What the two ninja didn't know was that the other ninja, Sensie Wu and Nya were watching them.

Hey guys. Sorry for the short chapter. I didn't have a whole lot of time to write it today. PLEASE COMMENT!! I love hearing your thoughts on the story.
Thanks for reading!
-purplewaterninja15