Chapter 1

It was a bright and sunny day in Ninjago. The five elemental ninja, Cole, Kai, Jay, Zane, and Lloyd were all at Sensei Wu's Ninja Academy, teaching their classes. It had been a few months since the Overlord had been defeated and Lloyd's father, Garmadon, had turned good. The boys were already exhausted from their students running around, pulling pranks and breaking anything they could get their hands on. It was finally time for recess when Sensei Wu called the boys into his room for an important meeting.
"Ninja, I suppose you all are wondering why I have called you here." he said calmly. The ninja nodded and waited for him to continue. "Last night I saw something in the spirit smoke. A new evil is rising and it will be almost impossible to defeat."
"What do you mean almost impossible?" asked Kai.
"I thought when Lloyd defeated the Overlord, the other villains would be a piece of cake!" exclaimed Cole.
"I am afraid we were all wrong," sighed the old man.
"Then how are we supposed to defeat this so called evil?" asked Jay.
"You all are to travel to another dimension to find the ninja of water."
"How are we supposed to find this new ninja, Sensei?" asked Zane.
"Her eyes are as blue as the sea, she is as calm as a stream and knows how to defend herself."
"Wait a minute! This new ninja is a girl?" yelled Lloyd.
The others looked at Sensie in shock, who simply nodded.
"But I thought girls couldn't be ninjas," said Kai.
"That is not true. Water is an element that was not mastered easily by the spinjitsu master, for it is told his teacher of that element was in fact a young woman. She herself was the ninja of water, but sadly her element wasn't passed on to anyone in this dimension. That is why you five must travel to the other dimension to find her."
"Yes Sensei." replied the ninja, with a sigh.
"Oh and one more thing, do not underestimate this girl." he said, as he handed them a jar of travelers tea. They had enough to travel there and back.
Cole used half of the tea to open the portal. The ninja looked around at the room one last time and then walked through the portal to a new dimension.

The ninja stumbled out of the portal and onto the ground. They got up and examined the new dimension.
"Zane, any ideas on where this new ninja could be?" asked Cole.
"According to my calculations she should be close to the lake over there," he replied, as he pointed towards a small park with a lake in the center.
"Let's just hurry and find this girl. I'm already not liking this place," mumbled Kai.
"You don't like any new places," laughed Jay.
"Come on, let's just go before we loose her." said Lloyd.
The five boys crossed the street over to the park and began to look around. There were so many people around it was hard to tell who could be the water ninja.
"Oh, this is taking forever!" complained Jay.
"We have only been looking for five minutes," said Zane.
"Well still, we are never going to find the girl in this crowd!"
"Jay's right, we need to find an easier way to locate her." said Cole.
"How do we do that exactly?" asked Kai.
All of a sudden, a loud scream came from a woman. The ninja turned around to see a boy their age, blasting at a girl with brown hair.
"Oh great, they have villains here too!" yelled Jay sarcastically.
"Jay, no time for sarcasm!" yelled Lloyd.
"We need to evacuate the people and help that girl." said Cole.
"Uh Cole," said Zane. He pointed to the crowd of people, who had already run about a block away.
"Well that's one less thing to deal with," said Lloyd.
The ninja looked over at the boy who had pinned the girl down.
"Any last words?" yelled the boy. The girl was about to speak when the boy was tackled by Kai and Jay. Zane, Lloyd and Cole rushed over to the girl and helped her up.
"Are you alright, miss?" asked Zane.
"I'm fine. Thanks for the help." she replied.
"Uh guys! A little help!" yelled Kai. The three boys turned around to see Kai and Jay chained up by the boy.
"How did that happen?" yelled Cole.
The boy charged Cole and slammed him into a tree. Cole moaned as the boy through Zane on top of him.
Lloyd formed a green orb and blasted the boy into the lake. He ran over to Kai and Jay, and began to unchain them.
"Lloyd, look out!" yelled Jay. Lloyd turned to see the boys red eyes staring into his green ones. He jumped back as the boy tried to blast him with fire. Lloyd was about to fire another one of his orbs, when a column of water shot out of the lake, grabbed the boy and threw him into a house. The ninja looked over by the lake to see the girl they had tried to save, with her eyes glowing purple.
"I'm guessing she's the one we are looking for." said Kai.
"Ya think," replied Cole, while Lloyd finished unchaining Kai and Jay. The ninja walked over to the girl, who was surprisingly calm.
"Uh hi," said Jay.
"Miss, I don't believe we have officially met. I am Zane, this is Cole, Kai, Jay and Lloyd."
The girl examined the boys and then smiled softly. "My name is Serene. It's very nice to meet you all."
"Look Serene, this may sound crazy but we are from another dimension and came here to bring you back with us." said Lloyd.
"You're supposed to be the ninja of water," continued Cole.
"A ninja?" she asked.
The boys nodded.
"So will you come back with us?" asked Kai. Serene nodded and smiled.
The boys sighed with relief and pleasure. Cole used the last bit of travelers tea and led the new ninja to Ninjago.