The Wedding

Delfin enjoyed the stay at the Campanillas' house. He was glad to have this generous family. They were very kind to him.

Finally, Delfin mustered the courage to tell his intention to Pablo and Rosario.

"You had been so kind to me. You considered me as a part of your family," Delfin started.

"Now, I have only one petition Madam, Sir, if you mind. Your daughter Dianna has been so kind to me, and I couldn't stop myself from falling in love of her. One day, I just woke up, only to realize that I want to be with her for the rest of my life. And because of this, I would like to request her hand in marriage. I hope you would understand."

Pablo and Rosario stopped for a while. They were thinking of Delfin's proposal. 

Finally, Pablo said, "First, we need to learn if our daughter agrees with it. For us, there is nothing bad with it. You are very much welcome to our family."

"We trust in you. Your family has been our friends, especially your grandfather. So we know that you are good people," Rosario added.

And the couple talked to Dianna about Delfin's proposal.

"Yes, Mom, Dad. I have learned to love him. And I feel that he should be the one who will live with me for the rest of my life. If you would love to, then, I will be married to him. But if you don't, it's okay," Dianna replied.

"If that's what you wish, then, we understand. We could let you marry Delfin," Pablo replied.

The following day, Delfin and the Campanillas set the date of the wedding. Pablo and Rosario also sent for Helena so that she could also know what was happening. Upon talking with the couple, Helena agreed that Delfin and Dianna would be wed.

Days passed. The big day finally came. Delfin and Dianna looked elegant in their best attire. The ceremony proceeded smoothly. Everyone was happy with the wedding. Even Helena was very joyful. Never that she was this happy since her wedding with Andres.

After the ceremony, Delfin, Dianna, Helena and the Campanillas, along with their closest friends, enjoyed the banquet. There was all kinds of fruits, and there was grain, cheese, meat, and wine. There was music, too. Everyone was filled with joy.

After the ceremony, Delfin and Dianna decided to live separately form their parents, to start a new family of their own.

And Delfin and Dianna lived happily ever after.