Amanda's Revelation

The Campanillas had an unexpected guest - Amanda Porfirio, the prostitute who became the wife of Don Hidalgo Cortez. However, more to their surprise, Amanda had some revelations that would be hopeful in the search for Don Rico Valderrama.

Amanda recalled that before his marriage with Don Hidalgo, she had affairs with Don Rico. However, they broke up, and Amanda, who returned to being a prostitute, had learned later of the misfortune of Don Rico. Then came Don Hidalgo. They married, but then, she bore no children. And so, Don Hidalgo mistreated her, until she had no choice left but to leave. 

After she left the old criminal, she had another chance to be with Don Rico. Amanda had a hard time recognizing him. The once mighty, well-groomed man became very thin and sickly. He was full of lice. His tummy was getting big. His long hair was unkempt. His skin became filled with tar. 

Upon seeing Amanda, Don Rico called her and talked to her. He asked forgiveness for everything he did. He apologized for failing to keep the promise of marrying her.

And so, the two spoke together, heart to heart. Amanda told Don Rico that he had no mistake. She also told him that even she suffered badly in the hands of Don Hidalgo, he did not blame the rich man who turned beggar.

Finally, Don Rico revealed that he had a granddaughter, the daughter of his daughter. The girl was stolen by Don Hidalgo, and the criminal broke the promise to pay Don Rico for the child.

With this, Amanda recalled the girl whom Don Hidalgo has adopted prior to their marriage. However, Amanda no longer had news of the girl since the former left Don Hidalgo's house.

After the revelation, Don Rico complained about an aching stomach, but he immediately became unconscious. Amanda tried to bring him to the hospital but he died without reaching it. And so, she buried the beggar in an open field, and she placed a pole to indicate the grave site.

With this, Delfin and the Campanilla family were not able to anything but to weep. They can't bear the outcome of Don Rico. 

So, the following day, the Campanillas requested Amanda to help them in the search, to which, the lady agreed. They also hoped to find Constantina.