The Discovery

Constantina had just fled the hands of vicious Don Hidalgo Cortez. However, not knowing where to go, she had to roam and find her living in the streets.

Meanwhile, back at  home, Delfin was growing fast. Fifteen years have passed since his twin was abducted by the men of their grandfather, Don Rico Valderrama. His father Andres was killed by some criminals when he was ten years old. So, her mother Helena had to work hard to provide sustenance for them.

Delfin had been growing up, thinking that he was the only child. So, he was very lonely. He wished that he had another playful brother or a pretty sister to play with.

But one day, Delfin discovered something that would greatly change his life. While finding something in the house, he discovered a valuable thing - a photo. In the photo he saw himself together with another baby - a baby girl.

Delfin was bewildered of this. And so, he tried to search other documents inside the house. He hoped that something could explain the photo.

Finally, his mother Helena went home from work. Upon seeing what Delfin did, Helena was surprised.

And so, Delfin asked his mother who was the girl in the photo that he found.

"Maybe, the time has come for you to know the truth about that," Helena started.

"You were born twins, you and that girl, your sister. We named her Constantina, and you, Delfin, to remind us of the couple who helped us when I and your father were new in this place. Unfortunately, a few days after you were born, some men, who were hired by your grandfather, Don Rico, took one of you because he hated your father. Your grandfather was against our marriage. Now, I do not have any news of your grandfather, and I don't even know where is your sister now. That is why I and your father never let you see your grandfather, so you won't be harmed too." 

"Son, I am sorry for not telling you this before. We do hope you understand," Helena said between tears.

Both mother and son cried after this, hugging one another as they shed tears. But then, Delfin promised something to his mother.

"Don't worry, Mom. I will find ways to find my lost twin. I will do anything to find her and bring her home," he said.

"But how can you find her, and where?" Helena asked him.

"I will find her everywhere I can find here, come what may," Delfin answered.

"Then take care of yourself. You know, this world is full of uncertainties," his mother reminded.

'I will, Mom. I promise," he answered.

And from then on, Delfin's life became a long, tedious journey into the unknown. He persevered  a lot to find his twin, unknowing of what lay ahead.