Don Rico Was Betrayed

Don Rico has just executed his evil plan - kidnapping one of Helena's twins. He did not mind the pitiful plea of his daughter, who was very grieved by the tragedy. But now, he has a more wicked plan in mind.

Days passed and Don Rico's birthday came. On this day one of his visitors was his best friend Don Hidalgo Cortez, a notorious criminal. 

"Hey, amigo, glad to see you!" Don Rico exclaimed.

"Glad to see you too, amigo!" Don Hidalgo answered.

"I've got a deal for you. I'm sure you will like it," Don Rico said further.

And Don Rico toured his friend into the house. Finally, they went to the room where Constantina was sleeping.

"You see this child? I will give it to you if you would pay me five thousand dollars," Don Rico said to his friend.

"The baby is so beautiful. Where did you get it?" Don Hidalgo asked.

"It is my granddaughter - my daughter's daughter from a contemptible man," Don Rico answered. "You better take her into a faraway place so her mother will not be able to see her anymore." 

"I'll take the child. I'll send the money later," Don Hidalgo answered.

Later, as the night came, Don Rico started his birthday party. He, as well as his friends and his gang, had a lot of drinking and partying inside Don Rico's mansion.

When Don Rico and his men were already drunk, Don Hidalgo slipped out of his friend's mansion, carrying the child Constantina as he went. Thereafter, Don Hidalgo went home.

When morning came, Don Rico was surprised when Constantina was no longer in the room where he placed her. He called Don Hidalgo over the phone but the former did not receive any answer. And so, he had all of his men fired.

Meanwhile, Don Hidalgo rode on his yacht to Armanina, carrying the baby Conatantina, along with some documents and a lot of money. He did not keep his promise to pay Don Rico for the child.

Due to the betrayal, Don Rico squandered his wealth in pursuing leisure. He used up his money in gambling as well as in buying recreational drugs. Because of this, in a couple of years, he lost his wealth and lived as a beggar.

Meanwhile, Helena was weeping very bitterly for the loss of one of his children. Her husband Andres lived in despair, trying to comfort his grieving wife.