A Tragic Night

Joaquin and Miguel reached Andres's house by midnight. As they drew closer, they found an opportune time to seize one of the man's babies.

But that night, Andres and Helena remained awake. They were talking about their plans for the twins. But they did not know about the danger, so they left the children unattended.

So Joaquin and Miguel approached the house and found out that the door was not locked. They opened the door gently, so they will not be heard by the couple. Upon opening the door, they entered unnoticed. When they entered, they saw the crib where the twins slept.

Upon seeing that the babies slept soundly, Miguel took Constantina while Joaquin looked around the house. But after Miguel had taken the girl, the twins woke up and cried. So the two kidnappers ran in fear of being seen by people.

Upon hearing the cry of the twins, Andres rose and looked at the crib. After noticing that Constantina was taken, he ran as fast as he could to chase the bad men, but to no avail. The men quickly got into their car.

Helena also noticed the men who got into the car, holding the baby. She had recognized them from afar, and she realized that the men served her father.

So the following morning, Helena called her father on the phone. She asked where the old man put the child.

"I do not know what you are talking about!" Don Rico answered.

"Do not deny it, Papa. I saw your men taking my kid away last night," Helena said emphatically.

"Well, you will never see your child anymore. She is all mine!" the rich man replied, followed by evil laugh.

"Why should you do this to me? Are you not moved by the grief of your daughter?" the lady wept.

With this, Don Rico put the phone down.

Helena cried bitterly, weeping for her child. Meanwhile, Don Rico, unmoved by the sorrow he inflicted to her daughter, was rejoicing with his men at his birthday. Again, he was scheming another evil thing, which would make the grief of the couple worsen - and would put innocent baby Constantina into great peril.