Chapter 30-Family affairs

Lucy POV

Hasn't today been awesome. I spend the day with my boyfriend and then by the end of the day, he becomes my fiancé. It may be unofficial but its still incredible. Who knew I would be engaged before leaving highschool.

I walk into my house with a goofy grin on my face. The house seems empty but I know dad is here because his car is parked in the driveway. Making my way up the stairs I get stopped by a voice.

"You look happy, where have you been?" I stop in the middle of the staircase and turn to see my father. Arms crossed and leaning against the doorframe that leads in the kitchen.

"I was with Natsu. I thought I had told you I would be gone." Dad gives me a stern look and sighs.

"What have I told you about hanging out with Natsu. He is a nuisance and almost got you killed."

"He didn't get me killed, it was merely a twist or sprain or whatever you call it. Besides you barely even know him." My voice starts to rise in anger but I soon lower it. My father has power and knows many people. He could guarantee me never seeing Natsu again. It's better to try and stay in my dads good books.

"I know that he is not suitable for my daughter, that is all I need to know about that boy. Please just keep your distance from him."

"If mum was still alive and your father told you to stay away from her, could you?" Silence fills the room. Father's face is filled with sadness and shock.

"Don't bring your mother into this, Lucy Heartfilia." Angry arises in his voice but I don't stand down. That is the one thing you don't do when talking to my dad, stand down.

"Then don't judge Natsu when you haven't gotten to know him yourself." With that I continue my way up the staircase and into my bedroom, feeling good about myself.

It isn't fun having fights with dad but it does kind of make me feel better when I stand up for myself against him. Dad has been demanding and misunderstanding ever since mum's death. Mum was his anchor in hard times and was all dad adored before I came along.

Knock Knock

"I thought we might have finished talking." I smart-assedly say.

"No. You said I should get to know the boy more before I judge him. Invite him for dinner. Tomorrow at six." With that I hear footsteps descend the stairs. Did he just say what I think he just said? This is amazing coming from my father's mouth.

I quickly grab my phone and text Natsu.

To: Natsu

My dad wants you to come to dinner. My house, at six tomorrow. Can you make it?

To: Luce

Um not sure.....got stuff to deal with. Will tell you tomorrow morning.

To: Natsu

Is everything alright?

To: Luce

Yeah don't worry about it, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Natsu has stuff to deal with? It must be something serious because he usually doesn't 'deal with stuff'. I'm sure he has got it all under control though. I'm just excited about tomorrow.