Chapter 5-On the job

Gajeel POV

I sit staring at my page of writing while Levy tries to explain to me what it means. I can't be bothered doing this so no matter how hard she tries I still won't get it. She is getting angry fast and losing patience.

"Gajeel can you pay attention for a little longer than five minutes please" She says trying to hide the anger. She looks at me with a stern look and I stare back with a bored one.

I don't want to be here just as much as she does and she still tries to make an effort.

"Why do you bother?" I say clearly catching her off guard. "I don't want to be here, neither do you. So lets cut the crap and go home." I start to pack away my things thinking I've easily won her over but I was wrong.

"NO SIT" She says yelling at me. We are sitting in the library so it is probably best she doesn't raise her voice.

"Shhhhhh" Says the Librarian from her desk in the far corner. Exactly my point.

I obediently sit and await for shrimp to continue talking.

"Neither of us want to be here, yes, but I said to the Principal directly that I would do my best to help you. I am not disobeying my own order" A disgusting amount of determination was in the comment, almost made me throw up in my own mouth.

I sit and continue to half ass listen to Levy's teaching. I wasn't going to fight with shrimp, she was too persistent and I really couldn't be bothered with countering her.

Gray POV

"Hey Natsu, I need to go to the library and get out a book for that history assignment" I say quickly running into the so I can quickly go home after a long day at school.

"Yeah ok i'll come with you" He says following right behind me.

We only just enter the library then I abruptly stop. Natsu runs into the back of me, caught off guard.

"Why did you stop?" Natsu asks confused and curious, he looks around in front of me to see nothing there.

"Look over there, is that Gajeel and Levy?" We both look in the same direction to see Gajeel and Levy sitting together with their books open.

Gajeel goes to put away his things away and leave then Levy slams her hands on her desk and says "NO SIT" After that we can't hear what's she is saying.

"What do you think they are fighting about?" I say glancing over to an even more curious Natsu.

"You don't think they are dating do you?" The thought goes through my head. They are always really competitive and fighting with each other, don't they say that hate is the first sign of love?

"I guess it is possible, I mean they could be a couples fight" I say in a whisper to be sure that no one besides Natsu hears me.

"Should we go before we get caught?" We look at each other, nod, grab the book I need for our assignment and race out the door of the library.

"Don't run in the library" Says the librarian even so quietly.

So there is a new couple around school. Interesting.

Chapter 5 all done and finished. Would like to dedicate this chapter to Skye_Trancey for helping me out so much with This is Nalu and this fanfic.