Chapter Thirty-one

Start from the beginning

Marina felt a little uneasy, but continued anyway.

"I.. I took him to the mosque and he prayed, so he doesn't do those things anymore.." She trailed off to a dead end, scared of her mother's reaction.

Her mother paused for a while before voicing her opinion, "And why did he do those things?"

"Because.." She didn't want to reveal too much about his past as she carried on, "Because he wanted to forget about some things. He didn't do any of that for pleasure."

Her mother gave her a look of sympathy, "That's actually really sad. You said he gets good grades now, right?"

"Yeah.." She smiled, "I tutored him all year."

There was a silence in the kitchen which wasn't uncomfortable at all. Marina got to think about what she'll say next, and her mother got to process what she heard from her daughter.

Her mother was always a very understanding woman. The real problem was always convincing her father.

"You know.." Marina started, "I-I thought about one thing for a while and I.. I find it really ironic about us.."

Her mother hummed to let her continue, "We met when his car crashed and I saved him by giving him CPR.. and abba also saved your life by giving you CPR.. I don't know.. I just feel like that there is a hidden meaning behind that.."

Her mother's expression was confused, "What?"

Marina nodded, "I made Salat-ul-Istikharah once I thought about that.. and when I slept.. I had a dream that Shahroz was my husband.."

Her mother's eyes lit up, "Really? Is this the first time this has happened to you?"

She nodded.

"Oh my Allah! This means that this a sign from Him that we have finally found the right man!"

Marina nodded with a smile etched on her face as she left to get ready.

"Just wait till I'm yours, Shahroz."

•••

The bell rang and her heart palpitated as she fixed her grey hijab above her head.

He's finally here.

She quickly wrapped her hijab above her head loosely and fixed out the creases on her navy blue shirt.

Her feet took her downstairs and she opened the door swiftly to reveal a man with features similar with Shahroz's.

"Assalamu Alaiykum!" She greeted his father who replied with a smile and placed his large hand on her head with respect.

She greeted his mother while both fathers introduced themselves to each other, the house suddenly filled with noises of every kind.

Her eyes landed on Shahroz and they both gave heart-warming smiles to each other.

"Assalamu Alaiykum." He mumbled shyly as he could feel heat flowing to his cheeks.

"Walaikum Assalam." Her voice wavered a little as she looked down and bit her bottom lip.

He chuckled lightly before making his way to the lounge while her hands were closing the door.

She heard a cough behind the other end and stopped, her lips parting in shock.

Shaheer was here.