Chapter Fourteen

Please read this chapter with care.

•••

•••

M A R I N A

She made her way out of her Biochemistry class with Amira, their voices louder than ever. The halls were filled with students here and there as they pushed through them to get their way out.

"How was India?" Marina voiced her question while dodging an accidental shove from a random student.

"Don't even ask, I had to live up on vegetables only for the whole week!" She flailed her arms in the air as Marina chuckled.

They were making their way to the library as Amira never understood a thing in Biochemistry but attended anyway. Now her best friend had to re-explain everything. It wasn't new to her as this had been going on for the past four years

"How was yours?" She returned the question and Marina shrugged.

"It wasn't that bad", she looked down then looked up again, "I had my cousins force me to dance and some aunties asking me for their sons' rishtas so yeah.."

"What?! " She started laughing and Marina huffed in playful annoyance.

"Oh my God, shut up." She groaned and punched her shoulder lightly which caused her to laugh even harder, causing some students to give her weird looks and Marina returning them with apologetic ones.

"Amira you can do this all by yourself." Marina pointed at her Biochemistry books.

"No no no I'm sorry please don't leave me like this I need you to pass this course please.." She started rambling and Marina smirked, knowing her best friend all too well.

"Fine", she gave a smug grin and stopped outside the library door, " and by the way you're going to Tesco's today." She pointed her index finger at Amira.

"What?! No! " Amira raised her voice in disbelief, "I went there last time!"

"But that was two months ago!"

"So?!"

"Ugh, fine!" Marina groaned.

•••

She slammed her car door shut, her hands holding two heavy bags as she made her way to the dorm rooms. She was passing by the corner of the building and saw a shadow in the nightlight.

She walked closer, the tree preventing the street lights to illuminate the person. She took a few more cautious steps. A car flashed by and it's headlights made her see the person clearly and gasped.

It was Shahroz.

But what made her gasp wasn't who the person was, it was rather the shiny silver thing they were holding in their hand.