*40*

Later the doctor came in and checked on me again. He cleared me and said I could leave. I changed into normal clothes packed my stuff and Colby drive me home. I don't tell him anymore about the little girl and don't tell anyone else.

*time warp- two months later

Today Devyn, Kat, Layla, Sarah (a long time friend of Colby's), and I are going bridesmaid dress shopping. We've already been to a few stores but nothing has really stuck out. I'm about to give up when we walk into a small boutique.

They have three levels, the main one bridesmaid dresses, top wedding dresses, and basement for prom/homecoming dresses. We stay on the main floor. All the girls separated to find dresses. We eventually meet back at the changing rooms. I sit down while they all go in. We end up picking four different styles in the same color.

Once we get the girls' dresses we go upstairs to look at the bride's dresses

Once we get the girls' dresses we go upstairs to look at the bride's dresses. Each girl picks out a dress or two and throw me into a changing room. I try on dress after dress after dress until I put on one that I can't imagine walking down the aisle without it.

We pay for the dresses and leave them there to get altered

We pay for the dresses and leave them there to get altered. Then the girls go home but I go to the venue to meet the wedding planner and Colby. We discuss the layout of the ceremony and dinner before moving to entertainment.

"So what kind of music do you want? A live band or a DJ?" She asks.
"For the ceremony we want a pianist but for the reception and dance a DJ will be good." Colby says and I nod.
"Okay. Here are the meal options the venue offers. I need an answer about that and flowers by June. But that's it for today. Thank you for stopping by." She says.
"No problem, Sherry. We'll be in touch about the food and flowers." I say as we head out.

*time warp- week before the wedding

"I just don't know. Did we make the right choice for food?" I ask Colby.

I've been stressing about the meal for several days now.

"Emily. We chose to do buffet style. People will be getting their own food and there will be plenty of options." Colby tells me.
"But-"
"But nothing. Take a deep breath and relax. It's going to be fine. Nothing could ruin this. As long as you and I are in love and get married I don't care about anything else." He says and kisses me.