*41*

For our one year anniversary we are taking a family vacation to Kansas to visit Colby's family and to announce that I had another baby. We had a boy and named him Reilly.
While in Kansas I spend some time with Colby's mom and get to know her more. This makes me feel even more welcomed into the family.

*time warp- 4 years
It's our five year anniversary. The twins are seven and are in second grade and Reilly is 4 and just started preschool. They're growing up so fast it's insane.

*time warp- 5 years
It's our ten year anniversary and Colby surprises me with a romantic get away. We send the kids to Brennen's Mom's house for the weekend and go.

When we get back we decide to start fostering kids. Our first kids are two brothers Adrian 8 and Alvin 6.

*time warp- 10 years
Twentieth anniversary we just have a fun night out with the kids, who came home. James couldn't make it as he's working on a big case for his law firm. But Reilly and Vada came home to visit us.

We have fostered roughly 30 kids over the last ten years. Some easier than others to get to know but all hard to let go of. We adopted our first two, Adrian and Alvin.

*time warp- 20 years
Our fortieth anniversary is celebrated with many friends and family. We have 14 grand kids now and Colby is so proud to have all of them.

Vada has 4 with her husband John, all girls, Celine and Ciara 17, Crystal 15, and Charity 13. James has 5 with his wife Kristin, two girls and three boys, Kathryn 16, Lanny 13, Jacob 11, Georgia 8, and Kennith 4. Reilly has 1 with his husband Christian, a boy Alexander. Adrian has none and is not married. Alvin has for with his wife, one biological daughter, Diana 13, and three adoptive sons all biological brothers, Timothy 12, Theodore 10, and Thomas 7.

They are all very successful in what they do. Vada is an orthodontist, James is a lawyer, Reilly is an actor, Adrian is a director, and Alvin is a stay at home dad and dabbles in art. Colby and I brag about them all every chance we get.

*time warp- 10 years.
For our fiftieth anniversary the kids throw us a surprise party.

This year we had to say goodbye to Elton. He had had several strokes but he made damn sure he was going to finish his Fuck It List and died of one shortly after marking off his last thing. Seeing the northern lights.

We also stopped fostering after one of our foster kids ended up committing suicide after he was taken back by him mother.

*time warp- 11 years
After our sixtieth anniversary we stopped celebrating. Colby and I know we love each other and don't need parties to show that. We just got together every year with our kids, grandkids, and great grandkids. Over 30 of them.

*time warp- 10 years
I have been having some medical problems. When I finally go to the doctor we find out it's cancer. I choose to not get treatment as I've lived a good life and don't want to go out in a hospital.
***

"Mom, would you like some lemonade?" James asks.
"Sure." I say.

He brings me a cup and hands it to me. But when I try to grab it I miss and it hits the floor. James cleans it up while I apologize.

"Mom, don't worry about it. It's not your fault." He says.

Colby comes in and sits next to me and grabs my hand.

"Do you want to watch the video again?" He asks.
"Yes I do." I say.
"Play home movies." He says and the video pops up.

It's the video of me at the hospital holding James for the first time.

"Hunny, look it's you." I say.

James chuckles and says, "I know mom. You say that every time we watch this."

I just keep smiling. Then it cuts me holding both of them the next day. Then to them at home and me watching them sleep.

"I can't believe their ours." I say in the video.
"Yeah. Me either." Colby's says from behind the camera.

Colby squeezes my hand and I squeeze back.

As we watch all of their milestones and the birth of Reilly and welcoming Adrian and Alvin into the family I feel overwhelming joy. I just smile as I watch as my beautiful children, biological and not, grow into the wonderful people they are now. I look back on those days of playing around in the backyard and holding their children for the first time. As I see our friends who have past already I feel joy that I'll soon be reunited with them. But sadness as I'll be leaving behind those who haven't.

I turn to Colby and see he has tears in his eyes.

"Colby." I say getting his attention.

I lean over slightly and he meets me for a kiss. I lean back in my chair and let my eyes close and I slip into quietness and darkness. Before it all turns to light and I am met by Elton and other friends and Avery the little girl from the hospital. I smile as I walk to them and wish a farewell to my loved ones back home.

Colby's POV
As we watch the videos from our lives I feels tears form in my eyes.

"Colby." Emily says weakly.

I turn to her and she leans over a little so I meet her and peck her lips. After I lean back and continue watching the video I feel her hand loosen from mine. I turn to her and see her eyes closed.

"Emily?" I ask tears welling up and she doesn't answer. "Emily?"

I squeeze her hand but when she doesn't squeeze back I realize that she's gone.

"James. Call 911. I think she's gone." I say as tears stream done my face.

"I love you, Emily, with all my heart." I tell her.

No one's POV
Colby died that night in his sleep of a broken heart. They had both lived full lives, Emily reaching 90 and Colby 95.

They had promised till death do they part but even death couldn't part them. She died holding his hand and he died holding her picture. They were the true definition of love. Though they had their arguments they still died with each other.

(A:N) this was by far the hardest ending to write

(A:N) this was by far the hardest ending to write. I had to take several breaks because I couldn't see what I was typing through my tears.

I truly hope you all loved this story I know I loved writing it. It means the world to me that you all have read until the end and have enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Please check out my other work and I am currently working on another account for complete original works of mine so I will link that as soon as I publish on that account.

Lots of love to you guys.
Ily amg