*30*

"Hey are you ready to go?" Aaron asks standing in the doorway of my room.
"Yeah. Let's go." I say.

We go get in the car and head to the clinic. Today is my first ultrasound and I'm so nervous. The good kind of nervous.

(It's been a month since the Brennen and Colby thing).

When we get to the clinic I tell the receptionist that I'm here and we sit down. As we sit I bounce my knee nervously. Aaron puts his hand on my knee and I look at him.

"You'll be fine." Aaron says softly.
"I know. I'm just.. nervous... no... excited." I say.
"Well if you kind bouncing your knee you're going to make me nervous too." He jokes and I smile.
"Sorry." I giggle.

I try to relax and see a woman and a man sitting across from us with a little girl. She's dancing around like a ballet dancer. I smile to myself and place a hand on my stomach. But my smile fades as I remember how messed up my situation is.

Aaron leans over and kisses my forehead.

"You are going to be a great mother." He whispers. "Don't let the way you got pregnant stop you from that."

I turn to him and smile weakly. Tears form in my eyes and one falls down. I don't say anything and neither does he. He just kisses my forehead.

"Emily Parker..." a nurse says and we get up and follow.

She preps me and tells me the doctor will be in shortly. We wait for about 10 minute until the doctor comes in. He talks me through what he's doing as we told him it's my first ultrasound.

"Huh..." The doctor says.
"What?" Aaron asks.
"Is something wrong?" I ask.
"No it's nothing but... is there a family history of twins?" He asks.
"I don't think so. I was adopted and didn't really ask about my family." I tell him.

It's earlier to say that than my whole life story.

"Well, lucky you now you do. You are pregnant with twins." He says.
"Really?" I ask.
"Yes. Congratulations. Start preparing more room for another baby." He says.
"Thanks." Aaron says.

The doctor leaves and we do as well. The ride home is pretty quiet.

"Can we stop by Elton's place? I need to tell him this in person." I ask and Aaron nods turning to head to Elton's house.

When we pull up I see him outside filming something. I gets out when he sees me he turns off his camera.

"Hey, Emily. I heard you had an appointment today. How'd it go?" He asks.
"Good but that's why I'm here. The doctor found out that there are two fetuses." I say.

Elton's face twists in confusion, then changes to realization, and finally lights up. He pulls me into a hug.

"That's so great!" He says.
"Yeah. Now I'm really happy we have our little tribe to help raise them. My next appointment is next month so if you can make it to that that'd be great. If not it's fine." I say.
"I'm so sorry. TFIL is going to Australia for a month next month. We already have flights and what not set." Elton says.
"Oh okay. That's fine. Just wanted to let you know." I say.
"We should get Home to tell the others." Aaron says.
"Yeah. Okay. It was nice to see you, Em." Elton says.
"You too, Elton." I say and hop in the car.

We sit in silence for awhile until Aaron breaks it.

"What an asshole?" He says angrily.
"Aaron he didn't know when I was going to have another appointment." I try to defend him.
"All of us know the first few months it's monthly." Aaron says.
"It's fine. He doesn't need to be at the appointments." I say.
"No but he should at least be in the country." Aaron says.
"I don't want to be the reason he stops living his life." I say.
"You wouldn't have been. You would've been the reason he actually started having a life to live for." Aaron says and turns on the radio knowing I had nothing to come back for that.

We say nothing the rest of the ride home. When we drive into the driveway I see Kat walking up to the door. She stops when she sees us pulling up. When Aaron parks I jumps out and go hug her.

"I'm here to see Sam but I knew you had an appointment. How'd it go?" She asks.
"Really good." I say smiling.
"That's great." She says.
"It's twins." Aaron says.

Her jaw drops but quickly turns into a smile. She hugs me again.

"I'm so happy for you!" She says and we go inside.
"What are you so happy?" Sam asks.
"Emily's having twins!" Kat says happily.

Sam's face lights up and he hugs me.

"That's great." He says.
"Where's Colby?" I ask.
"Outside." Sam says.

I go out back and see him standing out there with Buddy.

"Hey." I say as I close the door.
"Hi. How'd it go?" He asks.
"Great. Umm.. I'm having twins." I say.
"That fantastic. How do you feel about it?" He says hugging me.
"I'm kinda freaking out." I admit.
"Yeah?" Colby asks pulling away so he can look at me.
"Yeah. I don't know. I was already worried about one kid and now I'm going to have two. I don't know what to do." I say.
"All you have to do for now is be pregnant. Hey look you're doing it!" Colby says and I laugh.
"Thanks, Colby." I say and go back inside.

I go upstairs and find Devyn and Core in their room. I tell them the news also and get two more hugs.

That night we all eat together and start thinking about where the baby would go and how we'll have to baby proof the house. But the more we talked about it the more real it got and the more scared I got.