Time

Normani POV

"A 'thank you' would be nice... considering I just bailed you out of jail." I look over at Dinah,who is in the passenger seat with a smug look on her face.

Dinah sits up in her seat "this wouldn't have happened if you showed up on time like we planned."

I nod my head and keep my eyes focused on the road. Dinah scoffs to herself and turns the radio on. Boo'd Up is playing and she immediately turns the radio back off."I'm sick of this damn song." She says making me chuckle.

I bite my lip and carefully choose my next words. "So how did it go with you and the girls?"

Dinah flails her arms "Didn't you just pick me up from jail?" She yells at me and I regret asking such a dumb question.

I purse my lips and keep driving.

"How did it go for you after you went all desperate and chased after her?" Dinah ask making me smile to myself.

Earlier

The elevator stops and we finally arrive at the floor Kehlani lives on. "Ella, can you give Y/N and I a minute to talk alone please?" I ask.

Ella nods her head and walks away. Y/N leans against the wall and scans over me, probably trying to figure out my intentions.

I speak up "I know you're tired of all the games being played, giving chances, the arguing. I am too. We've only known each other for a small amount of time and we've already been through so much drama." I take a step forward.

Y/N folds her arms and I can tell she's annoyed. She licks her lips and focuses on my words.

I continue "See the problem is, I've been through alot already before I even met you. I've been hurt before in past relationships. So the smallest things that you do to me hurt ten times more than you'd expect it to."

Y/N scoffs "that doesn't explain why you went out of your way to sabotage our date and cause a bunch of distress."

I shake my head "I wasn't thinking clearly, okay? Hurt people hurt other people. When I first told you how I felt about you I was serious."

Y/N closes her eyes and rubs her temple. "This is all too much,Normani. I understand where you're coming from from but we can't try this again."

"And I'm not asking you to try this all over again for the thousandth time." I breathe out.

Y/N's face contorted. "So what do you want then?"

"Let's just be friends" I say biting my lip.

She went poker faced. I twirl my thumbs and look down, waiting for an answer.

"I'll think about it." She says.

I look up at her and force a smile. "Better than nothing, right?" 

Present

"So you and her are on good terms now?" Dinah questions.

I park in the driveway and take my seat belt off. "Something like that, I just need to give it some time"

Dinah gives me a reassuring smile and we both get out of the car.

Y/N POV

"Lani, you could've just fought her. That would've saved much more time." I say sweeping up glass.

Kehlani ignores me and grabs a water out of the refrigerator. I grab the dustpan and dump it in the the trash can. 

"Who called the police anyway?" I ask.

Kehlani finishes gulping her water and wipes her mouth. "Probably an angry neighbor."

I put the broom back and sit down. Kehlani finishes her water and sets the bottle down on the table. "Did you get a chance to talk to Normani?"

I nod my head. "Yea, she told me that she's over all the games and how she's been hurt before so that's why she went out of her way to do all of those spiteful things." 

Kehlani shakes her head "How the fuck does that make everything she did okay?"

I shrug my shoulders and get up to get my own bottle of water.

"Sure Y/N, go ahead and grab a water." she says sarcastically. 

My phone starts buzzing on the table and Kehlani grabs it and reads what it says out loud. "Ella just said, 'I hope we're still okay. I really like Justice and I don't think we should let this come between us being friends." She arches her brow.

I avoid eye contact and start chugging my water to buy more time and think of an explanation.

Her face lights up. "You been fucking your neighbor? Y/N you know damn well Ella has been crushing on that man since you moved there, I knew he was beating-"

"Lani stop!" I cut her off.

I updated again...

Do y'all want another update soon or

Do y'all want another update soon or...?